How Do I...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
oHUTCHYo Offline
n00b here but loving the XBMC experience. I have two questions I cannot find answers to easily...

(1) I cannot seem to individually select tv season posters using context menu, it appears to be just a global poster. I understand this can be done manually but I am trying to avoid littering my NAS being overtaken with various jpgs, fanart folders and NFOs. Can I not just select a season and assign season specific posters just as I would with a movie?

(2) whilst playing around with my library and various scrapers, I repeatedly find myself spending hours meticiously assinging my fave posters/fanart to 300+ movies only then to reset my library and then rescrape all for them to go back to default. Is there a way to somehow "favourite" your nominated artwork in the event you need to rescrape the entire library and then it retrieves your favourite artwork?
find quote
oHUTCHYo Offline
Damn it, Ive just lost the library yet again!!

This will be the fourth time now I've had to go through my collection. I now know its because update/clean library kills your library if the NAS via NFS is not yet spooled up. Very obvious flaw which needs fixing.

From now on I'll need to remember to spool the NAS before updating library - but what an illogical approach for what is intended as a user friendly piece of (ok, free) software.
find quote
Martijn Offline
Team Kodi
so don't clean library at update. perfectly logical

(1) ofcourse you can set a season image

(2) no. only if you export it so the files will be local

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

For your mediacenter artwork go to
[Image: fanarttv.png]
(This post was last modified: 2013-07-31 00:44 by Martijn.)
find quote
artrafael Offline
Team-XBMC Forum Moderator
(2013-07-31 00:41)oHUTCHYo Wrote:  Damn it, Ive just lost the library yet again!!

This will be the fourth time now I've had to go through my collection.

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts every time I do this."
Doctor: "Well, then, stop doing it!"
find quote
oHUTCHYo Offline
Thanks chaps
find quote