Solved Struggling to get XBMC working properly on a HP thin client t5570e
Hi all
I'm not sure if i posted this in the correct forum, but anything I do, movies are running jerky on my brothers media centre conversion.

Specs:
HP Thin Client T5570e
Via Nano 1GHz Single Core
2GB DDR3 RAM
4GB SSD or 100GB HDD
Bluetooth for PS3 BT Remote
Broadcom Crystal HD (the 015 model, not the 010 or 012)
OS is Windows Embedded 7,tried regular 7 as well
Wifi card(USB)
Graphics is S3 Chrome9 HD VX900

Movies are stored on a NAS via a Billion router 7800VDPX.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there anything I can do to make the blasted thing work properly? Or am I wasting my time with this build? I am using the latest drivers and XBMC stable build
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Unfortunately, the specs on that system seem pretty anemic. Have you tried playing the same video files natively in Windows to see it stutters as well?
Does Crystal HD work on windows? Can you run linux on that thing?

Often those routers which double as a NAS are just too slow for sustained throughput required to feed a media PC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I got it working! It turns out I didn't need the Broadcom card in the first place. Little did I know the VIA VX900 platform actually had inbuilt 1080p HD decoding. After I used that, XBMC is smooth as butter! Good thing, sure these thin clients are gutless, but have the guts to become a 1080p capable media centre!

Thanks guys, for trying to help me and I hope my experience will help you as well

Sent from my GT-N7105 2
Great, glad you got it sorted! I'll mark this thread as SOLVED so future readers with similar hardware will know to come here for a solution.
@wocko1 - perhaps you'd like to share with us how you got it going, this sort of kit can be quite cheap! So what OS did you end up using? How do you connect to your TV? (I see no HDMI port, but there is DVI) - without HDMI how are you doing audio?

The specs say 1920 x 1080 60, 75 Hz - can you get 23.976, 24, 25, 50Hz out of it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-01, 02:22)nickr Wrote: @wocko1 - perhaps you'd like to share with us how you got it going, this sort of kit can be quite cheap! So what OS did you end up using? How do you connect to your TV? (I see no HDMI port, but there is DVI) - without HDMI how are you doing audio?

The specs say 1920 x 1080 60, 75 Hz - can you get 23.976, 24, 25, 50Hz out of it?

I am using the stock Windows Embedded 7 on the stock 4GB SSD. I hooked up via DVI to the analogue VGA (via an adapter) port on the telly. I also ran a 3.5mm audio lead from the headphone jack to the telly for audio output. It might sound a bit crude, but it works a treat. I am using 60hz, but I haven't tried using lower refresh rates. I used a cheap BT dongle and a PlayStation 3 Bluray remote, combined with EventGhost for remote control functionality. The system also came with dual-band Wifi (connected to the router via 5GHz) so no interference from the Bluetooth.

If only the system had audio via the DVI port, so I could simply use a DVI to HDMI lead for both audio and video. I wish it did!
Do you have a how to on installing XBMC on that HP Thin Client? Or could you point me to a link? I have a couple I'd like to convert too.

Thank you,

Glitch

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Struggling to get XBMC working properly on a HP thin client t5570e0