[RELEASE] Video/Audio Screensaver: Directory
Just tried this and it works great!
Any chance we can have a time this runs for on a HTPC that is always running? So the video isn't playing for hours on end when we are asleep or at work?
Something like play videos twice and then stop or run for two hours and then stop?
(2014-02-04, 11:33)T800 Wrote: Just tried this and it works great!
Any chance we can have a time this runs for on a HTPC that is always running? So the video isn't playing for hours on end when we are asleep or at work?
Something like play videos twice and then stop or run for two hours and then stop?

I have created a similar script that can be configured to limit the number of trailers to be played, it is called Random Trailers Screensaver andis available in the official XBMC Repo under Programs.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167279
-ken Z-
Has anyone used this with an Apple TV? I am running OpenELEC on a 1st generation Apple TV and I am unable to exit the screensaver using the Apple Remote. At first I thought it was a problem with the exit delay but after I connected a keyboard and pressed escape the screensaver stopped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just noticed that the screensaver is only playing through the entire directory of videos twice and then crashing.

XBMC boots up
waits 60 seconds
screensaver starts
plays all files in directory
back to the home screen
waits 60 seconds
plays files in directory
home screen
goes into dim screensaver

Any ideas? Is there a different method I should be using? All I'm trying to do is loop a directory of videos anytime the screensaver would normally be on.
nice
what
Using XBMC Gotham 13.2 on Android. Screensaver kicks in like expected, but then cannot stop the screensaver. XBMC is locked into it.
(2014-10-03, 12:48)Daeymon Wrote: Using XBMC Gotham 13.2 on Android. Screensaver kicks in like expected, but then cannot stop the screensaver. XBMC is locked into it.

Opps
(2014-10-03, 12:48)Daeymon Wrote: Using XBMC Gotham 13.2 on Android. Screensaver kicks in like expected, but then cannot stop the screensaver. XBMC is locked into it.

..same for me on Openelec 5.0 / mele f10 deluxe remote playing an avi as screensaver. Playback won´t be interrupted by any keypress. Volume, mute, fast forward, and rewind keys work like with normal video playback but the OK button wont show the "playback control menu" therefore no possibility to manually stop the video....

THIS Add-on works...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Video/Audio Screensaver: Directory1