Req Store in the db the disc label
Hiii!!

My blu rays collection is stored in many SEPARATE HH.DD. labelled Disc 1 Disc 2 Disc 3 etc...

Today I want to watch Back to the future.

I click on the thumbnail and XBMC ask me if I want to delete the movie because it can't found on the stored path (same for all HH.DD.)

But I do not know which drive is the film!!

If XBMC record the label of the disc the movie stored in when I click on the thumbnail of Back to the future a message can order me: "Please insert the disc with label: Disc 3).

Thanls for attention
I'm a bit confused by your post. At first, I thought you were referring to disc images you had stored on your hard drive, but then you mentioned "Please insert the disc with label: Disc 3", which implies they are removable disc media. If it's the latter, you can try using media_stubs (wiki).
I don't know where the film is stored. (I must use another software for know it).

If XBMC store (and remember me) the label of disc I don't need media_stubs (however unnecessary in my configuration)

I insert the right HD in docking station and play it.
That's what media stubs are for. There's even work done to make it work with removable hard drives and play the right file after that drive is docked, but it needs to be tweaked and worked on some more before it can be included: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/551
Sorry for my bad english....

Probably I can not make myself understood

All my blu ray are stored in 20 HD in the folder \Film\BLURAY

Real case:
I want watch the film Back in the future
I open my database and ask him: "In which disc is stored the film Back in the future"
He replies: "Disk 14"
I put the HD nº 14 in the docking station, open XBMC and click on Back to the future
(stub is unnecessary)

-------------------------------------------------
Using stubs
I open XBMC and click on the film.
XBMC ask me something like "Insert the x:\FILM\BLURAY\BACK TO THE FUTURE\BDMV\index.bdmv

The problem is: [[/color]In which disk is stored?
I must use the external database for finding the disc number.

In both cases I have to maintain two databases.
--------------------------------------------------
With my featured request:
I open XBMC and click on the film.
XBMC ask me something like "Insert the disc labelled "Disc 14"
(XBMC already know that the path is \FILM\BLURAY\BACK TO THE FUTURE\BDMV\index.bdmv)
I insert the right disc in the docking and i see the film.

No use external database is required!!

Sorry if I insist but I think that the stubs do not solve my problem.

Thanks for your attention
I fully understand you. I am telling you that someone is trying to make this feature, but the feature has not been added yet because it still needs some work. That feature is an expansion to media stubs.
OK thanks
I personally miss this feature, it was in original xbox xbmc for cd/dvd medias and worked as one would expected (like you describe). It was lost during the early days of platform fragmentation process (linux/windows). Now your only option is to use "obscure" stubs which just doesn't feel right.

Anyway I've made modification for external drives media flags and transparency skin. You can check it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96183
(2013-08-01, 19:38)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Now your only option is to use "obscure" stubs which just doesn't feel right.

All my collection is liquid.
I must have 2000 stub files?
No thanks

(2013-08-01, 19:38)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Anyway I've made modification for external drives media flags and transparency skin. You can check it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96183

Very good idea.
But use the path of video file and NOT the label of the disk
You're right. This method uses path which contains disc label as part of it, as it is automatically mounted as foldername and it is stored in xbmc db as part of path anyway. It's a workaround, but still better than nothing Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Store in the db the disc label0