Duplicate NFO files and changing NFO files
Hello,

I noticed that I had duplicate NFO files. The second one has a tilde at the end - like this "~". I call that the duplicate. The real NFO file always seems to have a scrape error and often the rating doesn't show. I noticed this with Media Companion and using Media Companion I am identifying the files and rescraping as appropriate. Any idea what causes this?

Also, I have some movies that are not in the IMDB database. I make my own for those. Generally they are documentaries that were at one time released on television somewhere but are now on DVD. Is there a tag I can use that tells the scraper to not make changes to that particular file. I am afraid that by accident I will rescrape and wipe out my custom NFO files. They are a pain to build correctly.

Almost all my music videos have custom NFO files.

Thanks for any and all comments/suggestions.
I have seen some configurations of vi add a ~ when it creates a backup of a file. I have seen other programs create backups in a similar way - a long time ago. I had an old editor which would name the backup *.bk~.

If one NFO works and the other doesn't, run diff on both files and that will point out the difference(s), which will help narrow down why one doesn't work.

I don't think you need to do this, since I don't think XBMC writes to NFO files, but you can flag the NFO as read-only when you create it. And, just in case, copy that to have a backup.
(2013-07-31, 22:09)Scottes Wrote: I have seen some configurations of vi add a ~ when it creates a backup of a file. I have seen other programs create backups in a similar way - a long time ago. I had an old editor which would name the backup *.bk~.

If one NFO works and the other doesn't, run diff on both files and that will point out the difference(s), which will help narrow down why one doesn't work.

I don't think you need to do this, since I don't think XBMC writes to NFO files, but you can flag the NFO as read-only when you create it. And, just in case, copy that to have a backup.

I am just going through and deleting them. They show up in Media Companion. And 99% of the time if I have a nfo~ (tilde) file I have a scrape error on the real file. So I need to kill them to rescrape. I just don't know how or why they got there to begin with.

BTW Media Companion is the cat's meow. It really is a great way to review movie folders by simply noting the proper directory. I did notice one fanart picture that seems to show up in XBMC but not media companion. I checked it and it is a jpg with the proper name and the proper size. So I have no idea why it isn't showing up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate NFO files and changing NFO files0