• 12(current)
Req Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays
Is there a source tar or git where I can get the code to compile on my fedora box?

I tried just compiling the latest xbmc/kodi from git but it doesnt have the expert bluray options that this windows test build does

cheers
https://github.com/ace20022/xbmc/tree/bdj
Thanks for that, got it to compile successfully, but had to commented out the BDRegion if statement in DVDInputstreamBluray.cpp as it was causing it to fail

Under Fedora it doesn't detect the disc is in the drive and I have to go into the disc under files to get it started, but after that it works great

I've tested a Star Trek TNG disc and Man of Steel Blurays

appreciate this bleeding edge work
... would be so cool to have BD-J support in kodi.

Is there a chance to see this in the official helix release?

... would be so cool!
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
I'm afraid no.
... that's a pity.

Why not?

Will it be implemented in the next kodi version after helix? In my opinion proper blu ray menu support is a 'must have' feature for a modern media player.

I think there are some generic media players like the popcorn hour that already support bd-j menus.
cause it's not ready yet about 50% of movies do not play yet

and popcorn hour had an official blu-ray stack so it could handle menu's but only for the 200/300 series due to cinavia being required in all new models
(2014-10-22, 18:07)orby Wrote: cause it's not ready yet about 50% of movies do not play yet

and popcorn hour had an official blu-ray stack so it could handle menu's but only for the 200/300 series due to cinavia being required in all new models

... this means that the newer popcorn models (e.g. the A-410) can not handle BD-J menus?

Is there a good stand alone media player that can handle BD-J menus? How about the dune players?
no stand alone media players have menu support, you can look into the vidon player but i don't trust it one bit

this is all due to cinavia and it being a required component to get a blu-ray stack
you'll need a dedicated bluray player for "good" BD-J support or use commercial software. But there is no openSource player out there that can handle BD-J menus fine from what I know. All are built based on libbluray (like Kodi) and thus share the same limitations (besides of player specific bugs ofc)
... but I guess "libbluray" will be further developed and might be get implemented in kodi one day?
Developing is still work in progress and libbluray is included in kodi, only with bd-j disabled.
It will improve of course but right now it's not working perfectly. BTW more people will use these builds and report bugs and quicker they will work well.

About that there are no new builds? Helix is improved a lot since the last one
we're currently focusing on releasing Helix - but once it's out we most likely will provide a new bd-j enabled test version. But the test version will be towards libbluray itself - so to help them find and fix bugs. That ofc only if they want us to do it
(2014-10-22, 20:48)da-anda Wrote: we're currently focusing on releasing Helix - but once it's out we most likely will provide a new bd-j enabled test version. But the test version will be towards libbluray itself - so to help them find and fix bugs. That ofc only if they want us to do it

But I guess there will be no openelec test version with ebabled bd-j?

Right now, I could only do tests with openelec or a mac.

I own about 350 blu ray discs, and basically I could do some testing if would like to do me so.

let me know if i can help somehow.
I have about 50 discs and have a 70-80pct success rate with vlc and lib bluray. I haven't been able to test xbmc bdj support as I don't have enough space on my xmbcubuntu box to build the bdj branch, though I'd love to test it if someone can put up a ppa. I will say that a high percentage of my discs come from either the criterion collection or the Hitchcock box set bothe of which work great in vlc
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays3