• 3(current)
Req Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays
At this moment I have not seen a build flag other than making the BDJ libs available to XBMC
(Which is the same proces as for normal libbluray)

However manual build does not result in BDJ menus in XBMC...
(At least not in my case)
Wonder how VidOn solved it for their XBMC fork for which they claim full Bluray menu support on Android?

http://vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm
Quote:World's First Blu-ray Menu Navigation Supported Player on Android

Blu-ray Menu Navigation Available, Besides Simple Play Mode

Complete Blu-ray menu navigation available, which allows users to get the same experience as on a physical BD Player.

But on the other hand they also claim to be the first to support XBMC hardware decode which is not true
Quote:World's First Hardware Decoding Supported XBMC Player

As a player for XBMC on Android, it's the first one supporting hardware-accelerated decoding for Blu-ray and DVD in the world, which gives you better visual effect.
World's First Hardware Decoding Supported XBMC Player on Android OS, I think.
(2014-05-08, 10:28)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: World's First Hardware Decoding Supported XBMC Player on Android OS, I think.
VidOn.me is still violating XBMC's GPL license by not releasing all its changed code though, instead ignoring complaints and trying to fool people into thinking that you comply by releasing old versions or only parts of the source code.

And no, VidOn.me was not "World's First Hardware Decoding Supported XBMC Player on Android OS" either; as first was Pivos DIOS XS, an Amlogic based box, and guess what, Pivos released all their source code changes to XBMC right away.

I'm surprised that VidOn.me have not yet ended up on XBMC's known list of GPL violators http://xbmc.org/known-list-of-gpl-violators/
"it's the first one supporting hardware-accelerated decoding for Blu-ray and DVD"

Their claim is correct. I should know. I did the Pivos implementation.

BUT, years before Android, I did a version for SIGMA that handled DVD and Blu-ray in hw decode but it never saw the light of day Smile
(2014-01-03, 23:21)da-anda Wrote: you have to compile XBMC + libbluray with BD-J support to get experimental BD-J menus in XBMC. Stock XBMC builds don't have that compile flag enabled as BD-J is still rather clunky and we would get tons of bug reports even if it's not our fault but libbluray.

Would it be possible to let power users enable BD-J support with advancedsettings.xml, where you warn them for the buggy support with a note. So the basic users wouldn't notice tons of bugsSmileI don't know if this is possible..
The flag in as.xml won't help if we don't ship XBMC witha more up to date libbluray or one doesn't have a libbluray with BD-J enabled. So for now, the compile flag is AFAIK the only sane way to do, and I'm not sure if we can runtime detect if BD-J support is available which could end up in a crash when trying to use those libbluray features in XBMC
(2014-05-12, 11:02)da-anda Wrote: The flag in as.xml won't help if we don't ship XBMC witha more up to date libbluray or one doesn't have a libbluray with BD-J enabled. So for now, the compile flag is AFAIK the only sane way to do, and I'm not sure if we can runtime detect if BD-J support is available which could end up in a crash when trying to use those libbluray features in XBMC

Da-anda, thanks for clarifying. however I do not understand one thing and till now I haven't had a clear answer.

If I have an installed libbluray WITH bdj and I compile XBMC (standard ./configure) then automatically it is configured with bluray.
What is the difference between --enable-libbluray or the automatic one?

Or do I need to use other config flags.
Can you please be very explicit on my above question because it might clarify this for a lot of people.

Thank you in advance.
I don't recall the exact name, but there is some additional config flag you need to use to enable bdj inside XBMC (IIRC)
Where can I find this info?

At this moment as explained before I have an installed libbluray with BDJ enabled.

When I compile xbmc I use the auto libbluray, this means in the overview of configure bluray is enabled. If I understand you correct this is not enough to have menu BDJ support?

In the configure file of xbmc I only come accross the following code concerning BDJ
Code:
if test "x$ac_cv_have_decl_BD_EVENT_IDLE" = xyes; then :

$as_echo "#define HAVE_LIBBLURAY_BDJ 1" >>confdefs.h

fi
I'm sorry, I have no idea of linux and I also only found this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...e.in#L1154
I tried to find the according commit in github history, but couldn't find it
on ubuntu you'll need to install libbluray-bdj
after configure check if HAVE_LIBBLURAY_BDJ = 1 in config.status
Thnx, going to check tomorrow.
Update: I have it enabled:

Code:
htpc01@htpc01:~/Download/XBMC/xbmc$ cat config.status |grep BLURAY
S["HAVE_LIBBLURAY"]="1"
S["BLURAY_SONAME"]="libbluray.so.1"
S["LIBBLURAY_LIBS"]="-L/usr/local/lib -lbluray  "
S["LIBBLURAY_CFLAGS"]="-I/usr/local/include  "
D["HAVE_LIBBLURAY"]=" 1"
D["HAVE_LIBBLURAY_BDJ"]=" 1"
Is it possible to compile XBMC using libbluray with BD-J support and have full menus then?
Any guide or howto for doing this?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays3