• 4(current)
Req Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays
(2014-05-16, 00:00)Cassiel Wrote: Is it possible to compile XBMC using libbluray with BD-J support and have full menus then?
Any guide or howto for doing this?

No.
(2014-05-16, 07:32)ace20022 Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 00:00)Cassiel Wrote: Is it possible to compile XBMC using libbluray with BD-J support and have full menus then?

No.

Because?
Cassiel:
Quote:Is it possible to compile XBMC using libbluray with BD-J support and have full menus then?

Ace:
Quote:No.

I think it is a little more nuanced. Ace means (correct me if I am wrong) that you can of course compile Libbluray with BDJ (simple package configuration and install). Furthermore you can install XBMC with libbluray support and if you enabled BDJ in libbluray XBMC will support this. However libbluray is still not mature and I have never come across a Bluray BDJ menu which is working.
This said I totally support the answer of Ave, currently there is NO BDJ menu support in XBMC.

I have not tested the support of BDJ in VLC, so it might be working there. If it does then XBMC might be missing something (be free to test it and to post back your results so devs might be able to work on it) tough I think this chance that XBMC misses something is very low.
libBluray still needs to make big steps to have full BDJ support.

Again this is my experience, if I missed something, feel free to add.
Thanks for clarifying!
libbluray 0.6.0 has much better BDJ support
Havent seen a lot of features wokring in XBMC yet....
Still need a test setup on my desktop to see if they work in VLC.

But at this moment I think you can conclude only the main movie is wokring in XBMC
@ace20022 you think you could work on a libbluray version bump for XBMC? While it might be easy to update on linux, us Windows guys are having a harder time to do it
(2014-07-13, 13:22)da-anda Wrote: @ace20022 you think you could work on a libbluray version bump for XBMC? While it might be easy to update on linux, us Windows guys are having a harder time to do it

Sure will look into it, but not before next week.
(2014-07-14, 11:11)ace20022 Wrote:
(2014-07-13, 13:22)da-anda Wrote: @ace20022 you think you could work on a libbluray version bump for XBMC? While it might be easy to update on linux, us Windows guys are having a harder time to do it

Sure will look into it, but not before next week.
+1 Smile
(2014-07-13, 13:22)da-anda Wrote: a libbluray version bump for XBMC

As a non-coder, can I ask what that means exactly? Does it mean that the latest libbluray version will be incorprated into the Helix builds or as a separate add-on? Thanks.
incorporated
Thanks - that's what I'd hoped.
Latest libbluray update does now have proper BD-J support for real, checkout this developer blog post:

http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/post/2014/Bl...ies-update
Quote:Blu-Ray playback libraries updates (BD-J)

Sunday, July 13 2014

Triumvirat update
6 months after the first libbdplus release, and my post about the open Blu-Ray playback stack state, we've updated a bit the libraries.

We have seen, in the last weeks, the release of:

libbluray 0.6.0
libaacs 0.7.1
libbdplus 0.1.1

So, the three libraries of the stack have been updated with a few important features.

What's new
For libaacs and libbdplus, the updates are minor and are mostly for fixing compilation against new libgcrypt, build system issues and a speed issue in libaacs when using MMC to retrieve the MKB.

For libbluray, this update is a major update.

This release is the first release where the BD-J (the Java interactivity layer) is actually usable.

The Java code was tested on Linux, Windows and MacOS, and it should work with J2ME and J2SE and with both the OpenJDK and Sun/Oracle's JDK projects.

It's quite big, since it adds more 200 commits, mostly in the Java code base (the diff is more than 15kLoC).

In addition to BD-J, it fixes numerous issues on Win32, improves cross-compilation and allows to compile without libxml.
I just wanted to chime in and say I'm really interested in this feature too. I'm glad to see that libbluray is making progress. Any chance we will see this updated version with BD-J enabled in 13.2, or do we have to wait for a later XBMC version? Thanks.
won't be in 13.2
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays3