• 8(current)
Req Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays
(2014-08-31, 17:53)ace20022 Wrote: A win32 test build with BD-J enabled can be downloaded here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...87-bdj.exe
I forgot to add the selection patch, so you have to play the MovieObject.bdmv file. Furthermore menus of iso files doesn't work, I haven't found out why, yet.
But mounting the iso with a virtual drive software works fine. The source code can be found here: https://github.com/ace20022/xbmc/tree/bdj

Since it's a test build, I guess you know that it might burn your discs etc... Angel And Helix isn't backward compatible!

libbluray is also updated or is 0.3 (if i remember well) like in gotham?
Thanks btw. tomorrow when i return home i will try this (also to check if the trac bug is fixed)
I used libbluray 0.6.1
Thanks ace20022, i will test here, great job.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
amazing work there sir and thank you, just one test so far but cpt america winter soldier 99% working can't skip chapters or ffwd from OSD (not tried with remote yet) but menu and every worked as expected

all movies in BDMV format

not working
spider-man 2 a no go constant spinning wheel then have to alt f4
enders game is also a no go
divergent
hunger games catching fire

working
captain america winter soldier
pacific rim
riddick
need for speed
anchor man 2
(2014-08-31, 19:05)orby Wrote: amazing work there sir and thank you, just one test so far but cpt america winter soldier 99% working can't skip chapters or ffwd from OSD (not tried with remote yet) but menu and every worked as expected

all movies in BDMV format

not working
spider-man 2 a no go constant spinning wheel then have to alt f4
enders game is also a no go
divergent
hunger games catching fire

working
captain america winter soldier
pacific rim
riddick
need for speed
anchor man 2

In other words:

Not Working
Sony - Spider-Man 2
Summit Entertainment - Divergent; Ender's Game
Lionsgate Films - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Working
Disney / Buena Vista - Captain America Winter Soldier; Need for Speed
Warner Bros. - Pacific Rim
Universal Studios - Riddick
Paramount Pictures - Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

I bet the not working ones use Blu Ray playlist obfuscation, what software was used to rip?
you was reading my mind on the reason for not playing, i will try and post some log info also for those that understand it better than me at the moment

software used to rip is AnydvdHD, might try a couple with dvdfab see if results change
I noticed that some blu-rays didn't work after I had tried another one earlier. One I restarted Kodi the blu-ray menu suddenly worked. And does anybody else notice an insane RAM usage that's not freed after playback stopped?
As I said several times, it's far away from stable and therefore I vote against an inclusion into Helix. Especially as there's no strong interested, except 3 or 4 people.
Nevertheless logs will help.
(2014-09-03, 10:52)Ace Wrote: As I said several times, it's far away from stable and therefore I vote against an inclusion into Helix. Especially as there's no strong interested, except 3 or 4 people.
Nevertheless logs will help.

Well, i'd say there are more people interested Smile
However they don't know what BD-J is, they just want to watch blurays.
If it is considered not stable enough not including is indeed the better option and just provide custom builds for testing/improving
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
as i have very little knowledge i think i am more of a tester at this time but i will get some logs posted here today, some problems i imagine will be kodi needing tweaks and others will be down to libbluray, if a toggle can be done so it can switched be on or off it could get more ground for people testing but for this moment i would agree it's not ready for prime time

is nice to see libbluray though is getting a lot of attention from it's dev's, just wish i could fathom out how to compile it, as i don't mind doing daily builds to test changes when there added
I thing it's improved a lot recently but there are 2 sides.
People really wants it. But it's not working perfectly so noone includes it in the final products. On the other side libbluray devs needs more testers and more reports because they can't phisically try every bd but there are no complete implementations, you have to build it yourself and it stops most people.
I tried with some old bdand they almost all work quite well, but I still have to try more than half of my collection. Maybe hiding the option in advancedsettings? 99% users won't see it but people that want to help devs can enable it and use it
we won't include "unstable" code and using advancedsetting is not the way.

however it's quite easy for us to provide testbuilds every time some issue is fixed. we can also promote it through our social channels to get more testers using these build.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
But won't this kind of work always "unstable"? Right now it's not ready for prime time for sure,ok, but I don't think will ever work 100% since they're always adding new stupid stuff like playlist obfuscation to mess with these alternatives..
(2014-09-03, 11:27)phate89 Wrote: But won't this kind of work always "unstable"? Right now it's not ready for prime time for sure,ok, but I don't think will ever work 100% since they're always adding new stupid stuff like playlist obfuscation to mess with these alternatives..

Sure, but crashes/hangs, memory leaks and the like should be fixed or at least be reduced to rarely exceptions. Just like with dvd playback, from time to time a dvd won't play, but it won't crash.

And such a feature should be added at the beginning of a new release cycle and not at the end.
please let me know if i have done these wrong or anything you would like me to change

working playback log from cap america
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=285009

non working playback from enders game
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=285015
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays3