• 9(current)
Req Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays
(2014-09-03, 10:59)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 10:52)Ace Wrote: As I said several times, it's far away from stable and therefore I vote against an inclusion into Helix. Especially as there's no strong interested, except 3 or 4 people.
Nevertheless logs will help.

Well, i'd say there are more people interested Smile
However they don't know what BD-J is, they just want to watch blurays.
If it is considered not stable enough not including is indeed the better option and just provide custom builds for testing/improving
That's probably the way forward until Helix+1, otherwise there could be a chicken & egg scenario here, where libbluray might not get more stable without wider exposure to highlight bugs and get sufficient information to fix any bugs, and projects like us won't won't to use it in stable release while it's still buggy.

Providing test builds with each versioned release of libbluray may help with the path to stability, with the usual warnings that using a test build may blow up your system Wink
Another debug log of a non working BD:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=285047

BluRay: Rocky Remastered on 4K - 20th Century Fox (so it's quite a new BD)

Hope this helps

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I agree that we shouldn't enable BD-J for Helix and do provide test builds instead, but a libbluray bump for Helix would be nice nevertheless. Also, if we can, we should add extensive debug logging features for libbluray via the component logging options (like it's done for ffmpeg, upnp, ....) - only that way we can forward bug reports to libbluray guys in a helpful way.
Today was released version 0.6.2, with latest changes in libbluray, maybe new dlls, solve a few troubles, but resource is great, when work.

Thanks team, for support this.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
That's not a release Wink
according to the logs some possible leaks got fixed. Would be nice to have an updated testbuild *hint hint' Wink Too bad we can't build libbluray in our mingw env on windows so that bumps would be easy.
(2014-09-03, 11:32)Ace Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 11:27)phate89 Wrote: But won't this kind of work always "unstable"? Right now it's not ready for prime time for sure,ok, but I don't think will ever work 100% since they're always adding new stupid stuff like playlist obfuscation to mess with these alternatives..

Sure, but crashes/hangs, memory leaks and the like should be fixed or at least be reduced to rarely exceptions. Just like with dvd playback, from time to time a dvd won't play, but it won't crash.

And such a feature should be added at the beginning of a new release cycle and not at the end.
Ok i hoped that complete crashes were from the past since the bds I tried last time are working now but I tried a newer and it failed.
In the log is not present the libbluray log right? Because if we have it in kodi is a lot easier to create a valid one for libbluray devs and we can start to provide logs
(2014-09-03, 21:55)Ace Wrote: That's not a release Wink
Now it is Tongue

(2014-09-03, 22:15)da-anda Wrote: Too bad we can't build libbluray in our mingw env on windows

Really?
haven't you said building in the mingw env it's not working?
For reference the libbluray changelog can be found here:

http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/libbl...=ChangeLog
(2014-09-04, 10:22)da-anda Wrote: haven't you said building in the mingw env it's not working?

Sorry, that was a misinformation from my side.
Figured I'd post here and use my first post to say I'm very interested in this feature.

Just getting into XBMC/Kodi and still learning (came from popcorn hour), but I could probably help test as well once I learn the software a bit more.
Hi guys, first post here, too, XBMC with BD-J support would be really GREAT for the cineasts out there. You know, you always can extract a "full MKV" from a BD using MakeMKV, but aside from losing the menus, this creates sometimes way larger rips than the original ISO due to seamless branching [MakeMKV extracts those as additional duplicate titles] etc. and one would not want to just pick out specific tracks.

BluRay ISOs are the way to go for the cineasts out there who in the past would have fallen for a Sony BDP-CX7000ES and now have a huge NAS at their disposal. External Player with MediaPortal or XBMC is a hassle and also the "Pay-ware" will "support" Cinavia, which OpenSource will likely never do.

I have found this http://myxbmc.bplaced.net/blog/?p=3111#comment-2339, there some guy compiled a version of Helix Alpha2 with libbluray 0.6.1.. It works fairly well, but is not the up-to-date level of library and Helix.

I would LOVE to see official test builds with library 0.6.2 and maybe Alpha3 Big Grin

Even if it is not enabled by default in Helix upon release, a parallel test build with BD-J enabled would be _awesome_.
(2014-09-07, 21:48)s_herzog Wrote: I have found this http://myxbmc.bplaced.net/blog/?p=3111#comment-2339, there some guy compiled a version of Helix Alpha2 with libbluray 0.6.1.. It works fairly well, but is not the up-to-date level of library and Helix.

I would LOVE to see official test builds with library 0.6.2 and maybe Alpha3 Big Grin

Even if it is not enabled by default in Helix upon release, a parallel test build with BD-J enabled would be _awesome_.

That build is by XBMC Dev Ace and is from Post#105 of this thread and any updated build will likely be posted here as well.
@s_herzog
that build came from this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1784901
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Blu Ray BD-J support for decrypted BluRays3