• 46(current)
Testing audio engine ActiveAE
(2013-12-29, 13:51)fritsch Wrote: PR Welcome. If you do it, we all might get it. There is absolutely no plan of us into that direction.

"absolutely" is not correct. we think about adding an interface to AE that addons can hook on: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178611
Ah yes. I remember that one. But after not having heard a long time, I thought it was dead, overwhelmed by the technical innovation given in that other thread.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi there,

This has been a problem on Party mode for ages now, I've mentioned previously in this thread but I'll mention it again as it is a critical bug (to me, and surely to many others also).

Problem:
In Party Mode, change of sample rate (eg. from 44.1/16 to 96/24) crashes XBMC. Hard reboot is required.

This is with the 'Best Matched' setting.

Log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6672649/
- XBMC crashed when changing from The White Stripes - Screwdriver (44.1/16) to The Rolling Stones - Rocks Off (88.2/24).

Please note that XBMC does not crash when an individual song is selected from the playlist, only when it advances by itself.

Thank you for all the hard work devs!
Hi,

I get no sound with an e-ac3 tv channel, Openelec from 31/12.
My option :
E-ac3 non passthrough, 5.1 layout, optimised, video clock drop/dupe audio.

the log : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=105042
file is coming.
(2014-01-03, 11:55)bibi Wrote: Hi,

I get no sound with an ec-3 tv channel, Openelec from 31/12.
My option :
E-ac non passthrogh, 5.1 layout, optimised, video clock dorp/dupe audio.

the log : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=105042
file is coming.

Does a recording of this channel show the same problem when just playing the ts file?
The file is playing well, here the log :
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=105271

and the file :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h4dkz4kqvqrs3hr/gug9ccoei3

Another thing, when i play AAC 5.1 videos, i only get front rears if i select "best match" in audio settings, is it normal behavior?
If i select optimised i get AC3, i get normal audio.
The sample plays fine through vnsi here. There are 2 audio streams but only one has data, the eac3 track. There are some issues with pvr atm which may cause wrong selection of audio stream. Should be resolved the next couple of days.

Quote:Another thing, when i play AAC 5.1 videos, i only get front rears if i select "best match" in audio settings, is it normal behavior?

Do you have a sample file?
The file is big so it will take a long time to upload. Will report back when it's done.

What do you mean by "wrong selection of audio stream" ? Is it vdr which select default stream or xbmc ?
Quote:What do you mean by "wrong selection of audio stream" ? Is it vdr which select default stream or xbmc ?

XBMC selects audio track according to some preferences like language. There was an issue in vnsi and pvr setting the correct language.

I am waiting for the sample to test.
I've encounter a similar issue. I've a file, when i display informations codec, it says aac 5.1, but only 2 channels (L/R) are send to my receiver. You can get the file here.
I've an "old" file (4 or 5 years), also with aac 5.1 audio i keep for no-regression testing when i build a new version of xbmc. This file plays fine. I don't know if there is differences in aac "version", i don't even know if there is different aac versions (like 1.0,1.2,2.0, etc...).
But... there is a difference between the files. The file i have working fine is an mkv, the not working is an mp4 file.
i have a windows 8.1 based HTPC which is connected to a av receiver over HDMI. this receiver has two HDMI outputs. one connects to regular TV and one to a projector. when i turn on/off the TV or the projector windows recognizes the end device over HDMI and switches between the different devices for audio output. i can't select the receiver as audio output as it's basically transparent to windows. this works actually very well with windows once everything is configured. the windows applications follow the default audio output device.

but it looks like xbmc does the things a bit different. once windows switches the default audio output to another device xbmc does not output audio anymore. though i have selected the default audio output device in xbmc as well. it seems like xbmc is referencing the actual hardware device. there's a workaround which i use currently which doesn't require to restart xbmc. In the video OSD i can just switch between different audio streams (if available) or switch to stereo downmix and back. i guess this reinitializes the audio enigne and queries for the current default device.

i would really welcome if there would be a feature which recognizes audio device switches and initializes the output on its own. is there an easy way to implement this or is it hard to detect this situation?
This is a known issue and there's no easy solution from what I understand, but FernetMenta will be better able to advise.

Just an idea, is there anyway a new "built-in function" could be introduced which could be bound to a keypress in the keyboard/remote xml's to re-initialise ActiveAE? So while we don't support any sort of hot plug detection at least it's easy for the user to manually re-initialise with a single key press.
Quote:The file i have working fine is an mkv, the not working is an mp4 file.
That's exactly my problem, mp4 AAC5.1 dosen't work (well it works with optimised option which transcodes to AC3). The upload didnt work, with my $$$$ connection.
Will try to find a more compact file on the web.
(2014-01-07, 13:55)jjd-uk Wrote: This is a known issue and there's no easy solution from what I understand, but FernetMenta will be better able to advise.

Just an idea, is there anyway a new "built-in function" could be introduced which could be bound to a keypress in the keyboard/remote xml's to re-initialise ActiveAE? So while we don't support any sort of hot plug detection at least it's easy for the user to manually re-initialise with a single key press.

Yes, currently we don't get notification when something changes on the system level. That's something for Gotham+1
I did a few more test for the 5.1 AAC issue, and it appears not to be a problem with the file or with the "optimized/best match" option.
I have in my audio settings the choice between 2 audio device :
- nvidia HDMi
- nvidia HDMI on Sony TV

What is strange is that i only get this issue with "nvidia hdmi" (no central rear) and not with the nvidia hdmi on sony TV.
I have a receiver between my sony tv and the computer (yamaha).
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testing audio engine ActiveAE1