My First HTPC, will this work?
Hi,

This is my first time to build a HTPC, and I just wonder will this spec work?

Intel Pentium G2020
Asus P8B75-M LE
MSI GT 640
500W CiT Micro-ATX Quiet Fan
1TB Toshiba DT01ACA100
8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Corsair
LiteOn IHOS104-06 Blu-Ray drive
Windows 8 64bit

The idea is to have it to play Blu-Ray HD movies, internet browsing, however 3D movie is not intended.

Thanks!
What case are you using ?
http://pcpartpicker.com

i used this site and it gives you an option at the top for compatibility. i always double checked the specs just to make sure though
The case is Silverstone SST-PS08W. I am not quite concern the look of it in my living room. Smile
If you're not going to be gaming, the integrated GPU in the G2020 is plenty for Blu-ray movies and internet browsing. You can then get a much smaller power supply and get a small 64-128GB SSD to install Windows 8/XBMC/etc. on and leave the 1TB for your media.
(2013-08-02, 00:09)Dougie Fresh Wrote: If you're not going to be gaming, the integrated GPU in the G2020 is plenty for Blu-ray movies and internet browsing. You can then get a much smaller power supply and get a small 64-128GB SSD to install Windows 8/XBMC/etc. on and leave the 1TB for your media.

Thanks for your advice, is there any specific GPU spec that I need to look for while having a Blu Ray system?

Plus:

Or this Case:

Cooler Master
NSE-200-KKN1

And for the Power Supply
Antec
EA-380D Green

Thanks!
HDMI 1.3/1080p but most any modern CPU from Intel or AMD for the last few years has 1080p/HD audio bitstreaming support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My First HTPC, will this work?0