Launching Livestreams XML Playlist on Startup?
Hello... thought I'd repost this as a new thread so it wasn't buried... hopefully someone can help!

I'd like to launch a livestreams XML playlist from autoexec.py (at xbmc startup). Is there a way to do this?

It's possible for .strm files by using: xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayMedia(/path/to/playlist.strm")

How would I do this for a livestream xml playlist?

(I've already tried using xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayMedia(/path/to/playlist.xml")... XBMC throws errors and doesn't play anything)

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers!
Have you tried <onload> inside home.xml ?

<onload>RunAddon(plugin://plugin.livestreams....)</onload>

find the correct url in debug log
Hmmn... that starts the plugin, but it doesn't tell XBMC to play the specific playlist file. Any guesses on having the plugin start and run the specific playlist file?

It's interesting, as I can insert youtube url's into a STRM file and it successfully interprets that and uses the youtube plugin to play the video from the url.

Just need to find a way to supply local video files + meta data to the player... this is proving to be very tough to accomplish.
Yes you can do that it needs a special code but I'm not sure if mine works via the new update to the YouTube plugin
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
Oh... I was just using Youtube & STRM files as an example... I'm only going to be using locally stored media files (and images).

I just need a way to setup a playlist that includes metadata outside of XBMC... then have XBMC start up, play the videos in full screen and have the metadata available to the skin.

I'm starting to dig into the addon python code, but I'm a total noob when it comes to Python.

Thanks again for any help you can give me... it is much appreciated.
Well... I was able to use .tbn files to display images associated with the currently playing video, however I still can't set the video title from a playlist file. I really thought this would be easy Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launching Livestreams XML Playlist on Startup?0