Linux XBMC->VLC Output->VLC iOS->ATV3
Possible to make good use of ATV3 until Jailbreak is available?

Been using XBMC for a while and trying it on many different machines and bought my first ATV a week ago. To my dissapointment i realize there isn't any JB available yet Sad

Would it be possible to do something like this:

1. Set up XBMC to use VLC as the default player
2. And have the output stream to <any> port
3. Using the VLC iOS App (nice it's back on App Store!) to pick up the stream
4. Use AirPlay mirroring to display the stream on my ATV3

I've already tried re-streaming for instance Sopcast -> VLC on iPhone -> AirPlay Mirroring on ATV3 outside of XBMC which worked OK.

Any thoughts on the above? Better ways to do it perhaps?

But main question is, how to set it up using XBMC (Running on Lubuntu 12.04 and 12.2 Frodo)?
Look at airserver. This should work. In your constellation it seems unneeded to even involve XBMC (cause you are only streaming the videostream not the UI).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I was looking at Air Server the other day and it seems quite nice. But then I would have to have the PC hooked up to my TV or am I missing something?

I would like to only have the ATV3 hooked to the TV and use that as the receiver.

I did try to use playercorefactory.xml yesterday and got VLC running the videos instead of mplayer but couldn't get the args right to re-stream. Maybe someone tried using playercorefactory.xml in a similar way?
Sorry i mixed it up. But i can't find the real app i mean. It was a trasncoding server for osx, combined with a streaming receiver on ios devices where you could forward the stream to atv2/atv3 via airplay. I thought it was airserver but it isn't as of the looks.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC->VLC Output->VLC iOS->ATV30