Linux Dedicated "update library" script
Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to update the library, that's in a MySQL database, without having XBMC installed? Like a dedicated "update-xbmc-library" script of some sort?

I have two raspberryPi's and one host computer with all my videos, and I want my host computer to update the library but I don't want it to have XBMC installed if not needed because XBMC is only used on my raspberryPi's. Or maybe it's possible to have it running in the background, update the library and then quit?
Currently no, but there is some community projects to make "headless" XBMC instances that can do this. I don't have a link handy, but I think if you search for "headless XBMC" you should be able to find some of their stuff.

You can also use some of the library update add-ons to schedule library updates from the Pi's during times when no one is likely to be using them.
As Ned says, the easiest option would be to schedule a library update on one of the Pis. You can do this with an addon, or with a script that can be running on say, a NAS with a Pi as a remote client, or on the Pi itself.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dedicated "update library" script0