Android XMOTE - Ultimate XBMC remote control for Android
I just tried this out, first I didn't include my password so I had to reinstall. I instinctively long pressed the host button waiting for an 'edit host' dialog, maybe this should be a feature. I was hoping for a overview of all media, then a focused view on the different media types, but I guess that's just preference. I've been using yatse so there are some things I have come to expect, for instance an option to queue something on a long press. I like the ability to launch the remote from anywhere, but the remote could use work(where's the back button). I also like the thumbnails on the video files(non library), I was told by Tolriq that this wasn't possible
(2013-08-07, 01:25)spyder Wrote: I just tried this out, first I didn't include my password so I had to reinstall. I instinctively long pressed the host button waiting for an 'edit host' dialog, maybe this should be a feature. I was hoping for a overview of all media, then a focused view on the different media types, but I guess that's just preference. I've been using yatse so there are some things I have come to expect, for instance an option to queue something on a long press. I like the ability to launch the remote from anywhere, but the remote could use work(where's the back button). I also like the thumbnails on the video files(non library), I was told by Tolriq that this wasn't possible

Hi spyder,
Thank you for trying xmote. Back button is there...
To queue media you have to slide to left on the artwork (songs, music videos, files)
I will work on some screenshots and video soon to show some of the features and how things work.
Regards
I see the back button is there, just not when a video is playing. I did try a swipe on the media before, didn't realize it had been added to the queue(the thumbnail stops at an odd place like the touchscreen failed), maybe an item queued dialog.
This looks great! I don't have an android device, so I'm looking forward to being able to try it out when the iPhone version is available. I have yet to find an XBMC remote for the iPhone that does everything I have wanted and I've tried 4-5 of them so far.

I'm not sure if this is implemented in your iPhone version or if it's planned, but I'm gonna throw it out there. I would love to see it be able to use the proximity sensor to turn off the screen. Lay it face down and the screen turns off. I have to have a lock on my phone and this allows me to keep the phone on but conserve battery life.
Wink 
(2013-08-07, 18:18)icedtrip Wrote: This looks great! I don't have an android device, so I'm looking forward to being able to try it out when the iPhone version is available. I have yet to find an XBMC remote for the iPhone that does everything I have wanted and I've tried 4-5 of them so far.

I'm not sure if this is implemented in your iPhone version or if it's planned, but I'm gonna throw it out there. I would love to see it be able to use the proximity sensor to turn off the screen. Lay it face down and the screen turns off. I have to have a lock on my phone and this allows me to keep the phone on but conserve battery life.
Hi icedtrip,
I hope to have xmote in the app-store by the end of this month.
The application does not have this ability yet but I will try an keep it in mind as a feature.
If you want add this as a feature request at http://xmote.birovi.com/tracker.php
This way I will not forget for sure. Smile
Thanks
(2013-08-07, 03:18)spyder Wrote: I see the back button is there, just not when a video is playing. I did try a swipe on the media before, didn't realize it had been added to the queue(the thumbnail stops at an odd place like the touchscreen failed), maybe an item queued dialog.
Hey spyder,
does the thumb still stops at an odd place? This would be a bug. Let me know.
Thanks
Hi birovi it would be Nice to add some basics control for external player mpc-hc like pause , play ect
Thank you
Regards
(2013-08-09, 05:20)birovi Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 18:18)icedtrip Wrote: This looks great! I don't have an android device, so I'm looking forward to being able to try it out when the iPhone version is available. I have yet to find an XBMC remote for the iPhone that does everything I have wanted and I've tried 4-5 of them so far.

Hi icedtrip,
I hope to have xmote in the app-store by the end of this month.
The application does not have this ability yet but I will try an keep it in mind as a feature.
If you want add this as a feature request at http://xmote.birovi.com/tracker.php
This way I will not forget for sure. Smile
Thanks

Sounds good....can't wait to try it out. I added a feature request to the tracker.
(2013-08-09, 05:31)birovi Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 03:18)spyder Wrote: I see the back button is there, just not when a video is playing. I did try a swipe on the media before, didn't realize it had been added to the queue(the thumbnail stops at an odd place like the touchscreen failed), maybe an item queued dialog.
Hey spyder,
does the thumb still stops at an odd place? This would be a bug. Let me know.
Thanks
Haven't been using your app much, did you update recently? Again, I don't know if you designed it this way, but it just looks like I'm dragging something to where it can't go so it pops back in place.
Got to say, this looks absolutely fantastic! Smile

Have thrown it on my phone to give it a try!

Although, without knowing whether it'll do what I'd like it to with multiple hosts, I can't obviously test this on the free version...

I have a number of XBMC instances at home, all sharing a single MySQL database. I have a server, which is always on. Once nice feature of Yatse is that you can specify multiple hosts to use a shared database, meaning that the thumbs etc only need to be retrieved once, therefore reducing the storage requirements on the device, and any library updates are done by connecting to this "server" host.

Additionally, it's unlikely that multiple XBMC devices in the house will be in use at once - having the ability for the app to "poll" the multiple hosts to see which is "awake" (when the last-selected host is not responding) (and, with the option, obviously, to be able to tell it to not connect to the "server" host)

As I also have multiple hosts, when I'm selecting some media (such as YouTube) and want to "Send-To" XBMC, it would be nice to be able to select which XBMC host, rather than just use the currently configured one (if the auto-sensing of active XBMC instances isn't available)

Do you have any plans for making it display a "Now Playing" in the notifications bar, and a lock-screen widget?

Oh, and the touch sounds still play on the initial Select Host screen, even if they're disabled in settings.

Overall - looks fantastic, will need to have a bit more of a play with it - and I know that you're still in the early stages with it.
(2013-08-05, 12:11)salora Wrote: besides when I change profile, your remote disconnect from xbmc, so you can't select another profile.
Hi Solara,
With the recent update to v0.4.209 this issue has been fixed.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
(2013-08-10, 16:33)ConfusedTA Wrote: I have a number of XBMC instances at home, all sharing a single MySQL database. I have a server, which is always on. Once nice feature of Yatse is that you can specify multiple hosts to use a shared database, meaning that the thumbs etc only need to be retrieved once, therefore reducing the storage requirements on the device, and any library updates are done by connecting to this "server" host.

Additionally, it's unlikely that multiple XBMC devices in the house will be in use at once - having the ability for the app to "poll" the multiple hosts to see which is "awake" (when the last-selected host is not responding) (and, with the option, obviously, to be able to tell it to not connect to the "server" host)

As I also have multiple hosts, when I'm selecting some media (such as YouTube) and want to "Send-To" XBMC, it would be nice to be able to select which XBMC host, rather than just use the currently configured one (if the auto-sensing of active XBMC instances isn't available)

Do you have any plans for making it display a "Now Playing" in the notifications bar, and a lock-screen widget?

Oh, and the touch sounds still play on the initial Select Host screen, even if they're disabled in settings.

Overall - looks fantastic, will need to have a bit more of a play with it - and I know that you're still in the early stages with it.

Hi ConfusedTA,
Thanks for your your input.
I would like to say that i have not tested your exact multiple host setup, but if all the hosts have the same XBMC version (ex: Frodo 12.*) the thumbs are named the same way in DB and xmote is looking first to see if the thumb is cached (the thumbs are not separated by host).

For the feature request and bugs if you don't mind please create them at http://xmote.birovi.com. Its easier to keep track.

Thank again and please don't hesitate to rate and give xmote a review in the store Smile
Hi birovi,

Yes, all versions are the same, and they're all using the same database, so the thumbs *should* be the same for each host - but, can't really test it without buying the full version! Wink

I'll re-create the feature requests over on your site Smile

Garry
(2013-08-03, 07:56)birovi Wrote:
xmote - the ultimate full featured Xbmc Remote for Android & IPhone

Get the free version:

Buy the full version:

Don't forget to rate and give a review in the google play store.

XMOTE Update available:
Version 0.4.209 
 - switched remote control to Event Server
 - squashed some bugs
(2013-08-03, 07:56)birovi Wrote:
Get the free version:

Buy the full version:

Don't forget to rate and give a review in the google play store.

XMOTE Update available:
Version 0.4.269
- added EventServer port in settings (default 9777)
- added "Rate/Review xmote" button in Settings/Info (Don't forget to rate the app)
- made settings global ( "Full Screen", "Remote - keep device awake" and "Buttons sound")

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMOTE - Ultimate XBMC remote control for Android6