Android XMOTE - Ultimate XBMC remote control for Android
(2013-10-01, 03:48)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-09-30, 23:56)birovi Wrote: Hi Ragnarokt,
This is because the authentication is invalid (username or password) or check the port 8080 or 80.
Make sure they match as your xbmc ports. See instructions here.
Let me know how it goes.

I appreciate the response, but that's not it. Its connecting just fine, and can see my library. I even get the notification inside of XBMC that it's connected to xmote. When the message pops up that says "processing thumbs 0 of X", it immediately goes away without processing a single thumb and all of the artwork is missing. I have the same settings in a competing XBMC remote, and it's pulling the art just fine.

To connect to the host the port, username and password are not required so it will let you connect to the host and control it.
But if you don't have the correct port setup in the xmote to be the same as your xbmc and / or you don't have your credentials OK, then the art will not download.
Just check it and you will see.
Regards
I confirmed that the settings are correct, including the port. I also confirmed that I'm using the same settings I have in Yatse that are working. Just for grins I deleted all of the application cache and data and started from scratch, manually configuring the app instead of letting it search. Same issue.

I figured it out. The application is not properly saving when I check "Requires Authentication". I noticed that every time I went to edit the host, that option would be unchecked. It would have saved the username/password combination, but perhaps it wasn't applying it because that "Requires Authentication" checkbox was not checked. No matter how many times I saved the settings, it always unchecked that option. I removed the password on my XBMC installation, and it started downloading artwork. Hopefully, this helps you fix that bug. Apart from that bug, it's looking pretty good!

I'd like to see some more viewtypes, and a Favorites option that works a bit like the Plugins option. If I come up with more feature requests, I'll post them here.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Ok that is great.
That check box just shows you if you want to set the authentication, its not part of the settings.
What ever change you made that was what was wrong. Glad it works for you now.
To request other features please use the application feature tracker on xmote forum.
Thank you
(2013-10-01, 04:15)birovi Wrote: Ok that is great.
That check box just shows you if you want to set the authentication, its not part of the settings.
What ever change you made that was what was wrong. Glad it works for you now.
To request other features please use the application feature tracker on xmote forum.
Thank you

The change that I made was setting my install of XBMC to use the default settings with no password. When I add a password in, it stops pulling the artwork. For some reason, unless I leave the password blank, it stops working. Please look into this at the very least.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
I will. What xbmc version you use? Thank you
I'm on 12.2 Frodo, and the Android device I'm using is:

Android Version: 4.1.2
Kernel Version: 3.4.0
Model: LG-E870 (LG Optimus, AT&T)

Thanks for pointing me to your bug and feature tracker. I submitted a few things I've found for each, and will put any new finds there and keep them off of the forum. I really like the direction this application is going. Great work!

XMOTE Update available:

V 0.8.338
- added "Now Playing" info and controls on the main view (swipe up / menu button)
- main view "Update Library" and "Clean Library" commands moved (swipe down / tap logo / menu button)
- squashed some bugs

Image Image

For help and bug reports visit the xmote forum at:
http://xmote.birovi.com
Hi any news about the iOS app?
Hi solara,
I am yet to finish and send the app in the approval system for iOS not sure how long it will take. Have to make some changes.
I will keep you posted.
Thank you for your interest.
XMOTE Update available:

V 0.8.382
- added "Search Subtitle" command to remote (tap logo / menu button)
- moved the sorting commands in the movie view (swipe down / tap logo / menu button)

For help and bug reports visit the xmote forum at:
http://xmote.birovi.com
Long overdue, I have started doing some know how images to show some of the usage of the application.
I will post them here as I make them and on the xmote forum wiki page.

Application doesn't support non standard DPI's very well.
Application doesn't load thumbnails correctly, Showing same thumbnail for all

But looks like a great app if it worked correctly.

Seems to use a lot of RAM aswell. YATSE is currently better, But maybe this will beat that one day... Just not yet Smile
Hi fma965,
Sorry to hear the application does not work as expected for your device.
What device do you have? Just to see what DPI are you talking about.

I agree with you that Yatse is a great application (I'v used it myself) and all I hope is that XBMC users will find xmote to be as good if not better than yatse.
Thanks
NEW know-how:
You can find them all in the xmote forum wiki page.

MAIN VIEW
Note: Menu button on device brings up the "Now Playing" and "Commands"
FEATURES
► quick access to recently added media (Movies, TV shows, Music Albums and Music Videos)
► Covers display for Movies, TV Shows, Music, Music Videos, Video Plugins and Files
► Find your medias with ease. (filter as you type)
► IMDB and WIKI button when available to get more details on movies, actors and artists
► Support TV Shows posters and banners
► Support resuming of medias
► Queue any media to playlist (music, music video, video file, video plugin sources)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMOTE - Ultimate XBMC remote control for Android6