Bug in OSD?
Hi there,

i use a temp folder for files i do not add to my library. I have two different "views" when playing files in filemode and opening the OSD. Is this a bug in Confluence? Please see the following screenshots and note the gap between 'Now Playing' and the file title and the bigger fallback image on OSD1. On Eden it has been only the OSD2 thing in file mode.

It seems to be randomly which "view" is chosen, sometimes it's like this and sometimes it's like that. Could not identify a pattern when which view occours.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1245...c/osd1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1245...c/osd2.png
Noone? Jezz_X?
So i am the only person recognizing this. Nice.
osd1 is only used for movies in confluence.

so you've probably set content to movies on the sopranos folder.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
No, it's my temp folder, there is no scraper set. That's why i'm wondering. Sometimes it's like this and sometimes it's like that - and it occours on non scraped items only -> file mode.
I am not sure if this a Confluence bug or a bug in XBMC core, as XBMC seems not to recognize properly if the file is in database or not. Can any team member confirm this please?
I'm seeing something similar in the home screen now playing info.

Group visibility is set to VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) but videos that are not scanned in the library are using this group.

I've verified that the path table does not have content set for the files directory, is there any other table that should be checked?
I can reproduce this in my setup with stock Confluence in 12.2 every time.

- Start with a fresh library
- Go to a NFS share, play a video. Video shows in now playing info correctly, using the group where visibility is

PHP Code:
<visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) + !VideoPlayer.Content(Episodes) + !VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)</visible

- Play any video from the same directory that you played previously and they use now playing group where visibility is as seen below. To make it easier to see i simply increased the posx.

PHP Code:
<control type="group">
<
visible>VideoPlayer.Content(Movies)</visible>
<
control type="image">
<
description>Cover image</description>
<
posx>20</posx>
<
posy>45</posy

Debug log
Glad to see that i'm not the only one facing this. It's a pity that there is no comment by a developer.
please create a bugreport on trac

cc me on the ticket and i'll assign it to the appropriate dev.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The issue is the case around line 2859 in GUIInfoManager.cpp

Code:
case VIDEOPLAYER_CONTENT:

My guess is that you want the content to default to files, and then switch to movies if it actually is a movie. Determining this might be tricky. Currently we do so on the basis of CVideoInfoTag::IsEmpty() which returns true only if the title, file and path are empty in the tag. This is unlikely to be the case once streamdetails and the like are filled.

Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ticket created, took some time Tongue

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14963
I'm trying to make sense of this, since I want my non-library files to be movies so I can get rich content type on all the skins.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug in OSD?0