Req [FIXED in Kodi 15] External subtitles via UPnP
Thumbs Up 
I have an ex HDD connected to a netbook which serves as my mediacenter. Then I access that info on all devices in the household via UPnP.

Should I be able to access subtitles via the target machines? That is, if I enable subtitles on the netbook they do show up. But when I do the same on the target devices accessing via UPnP nothing happens.

Is this maybe a feature request and worth a ticket?
Certainly works over other sharing methods like smb or nfs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
External sub files won't currently work, but internal sub tracks will work. I believe it is being looked into by alcoheca.
i believe ext subs works xbmc to xbmc as well. but it uses uncommon stuff few clients support.
spiff: xbmc to xbmc is what I'm trying to use here. so should I switch to smb instead of UPnP?
Yes or remux the subs into the video files
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ping. Has UPnP improved during the meantime? Maybe in Kodi v16 this is possible?
External subtitles over UPnP has been in Kodi since Isengard v15.
Outstanding! Thanks for clarifying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FIXED in Kodi 15] External subtitles via UPnP0