Bug Video is not smooth after broadcaster switch 4:3<->16:9
So I only need to install most recent pvr addons?
Sadly no, you'll need to install the unoffical pvr.tvh addon from https://github.com/adamsutton/xbmc-pvr-addons, though unfortunately it's a bit broken at the moment so I can't recommend you installing it right now.
So it seems to be not really fixed. Any plans for fix in stable Gotham?
@giaur, no it is fixed, it's just not in the official addon. This does not invalidate the fix.

I'm not interested in supporting pvr.hts, it's my opinion (others disagree) that it had some very ugly code and I took the decision to rewrite it. Although it clearly shares some code from pvr.hts. However given the nature of the changes (i.e. a rewrite) it was not acceptable for Gotham and so I have not submitted.

I'm not interested in submitting patches against pvr.hts for the above reasons, so unless someone else (negge is probably the same, as he's actively dev'ing pvr.tvh with me) wishes to back port the fix they're welcome.

However I'd strongly recommend using pvr.tvh, with any luck it will eventually replace pvr.hts and it already has several improvements in terms of features as well as a better foundation.

Adam

P.S.
That being said stuff did get broken in the last round of updates, so if you want to try it, make sure you pick up negge's copy! I'll push the fixes once I'm happy its all good.
Thanks for response, but what is the best I can do now? As negge said:

Quote:unfortunately it's a bit broken at the moment so I can't recommend you installing it right now.
So if I install it, I get other things broken, if not - still my issue exists... also it's still not fully clear for me why omxplayer (on rpi) with the same hts pvr addon is not affected (assuming that it's hts addon bug).
Ultimately the bug is in XBMC, but it can be worked around from the addon which is what we do. OMX and DVDPlayer behave a bit differently but hopefully with the addon fix it should work in both of them.
If bug is in XBMC, when we should expect it to be fixed? It's of corse question to xbmc devs.
Guys,

Can you tell me what is broken exactly in pvr.hts version containing workaround for this issue? Also what about recorded streams, they has nothing to pvr, so what can I do to watch them without interrupts? Good example is stream I posted above when I want to watch it with xbmc - and then what?
The ts recording you have provided plays nicely on my systems. No issue when aspect ratio changes.
Do you mean beta3 gotham?
I mean my master branch. You told me to try but did not report back. I don't think there won't be any fixes to mainline in regard to this topic.
@giaur: with tvheadend playing a recording uses almost the same code paths as live TV so it's no surprise if you see the same behavior there. Did you try the pvr.tvh addon yet to see if it has fixed the issue?
(2014-04-19, 18:34)negge Wrote: @giaur: with tvheadend playing a recording uses almost the same code paths as live TV so it's no surprise if you see the same behavior there. Did you try the pvr.tvh addon yet to see if it has fixed the issue?

Say what? Recording playback is file based, there is no parsing at all, it's much more like direct network file playback in XBMC. Just instead of cifs NFS etc... It's via HTSP.

Adam
@adamsutton what I meant was that everything is HTSP, recording or not. Obviously what's going on in the addon is another story.
(2014-04-18, 20:51)FernetMenta Wrote: I mean my master branch. You told me to try but did not report back. I don't think there won't be any fixes to mainline in regard to this topic.

I'll try your branch to see how does it work while watching live tv and will report back when I come back to home next week after Easter. Do I need also unofficial pvr hts addon or only xbmc from your branch?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video is not smooth after broadcaster switch 4:3<->16:90