HDeeTV changes for skin v2.0
touchy subject, would be nice if author was contacted, or logo added 'art and general design by <authorname>''

that said flames and trolls are just as lame. oviously it was not the intention of the author to 'steal' the skin.

i hope kelmk will clarify his position and with credit given, give leonardo his blessing to port his skin (with a little artistic flair to accomidate xbmc's features of course)

i think a couple meedo users 'flew off the handle' without gathering all the facts but bringing facts to the attention of the community was neccicary.
xbmc has a community just like meedo and every user takes pride in the work they have done. being open-source xbmc prides itself on sharing. this open-ness has made xbmc 100x the project it could ever be.
without some nasty sort of drm skinners need to accept the fact that their skins are completely open once released online. your in the same boat as every other media outlet. movies, music, images, publishers. everyone is fearing the 'digital' copywritten distribution of their product. being a techy developer you know that there is no way to stop this, and must look to get the most of your product. free products usually accept credit and reconition as payment enough, and realistically there is nothing else to offer.

summary
boo no credit given in the skin
simmer down trolls
skinners should outline re-distribution requirements (because it will happen regardless)
well said teknojuce, and loto_bak. i couldn't agree with you more.

i urge leonardo to continue with this fine skin. don't let the trolls get you down. i do respect the original authors position, and he seems to have no problem with leonardo continuing the skin. credit was given in the orignal thread as has been pointed out. hopefully the original author and leonardo can work something out if necessary (i like the idea of indicating "logo added 'art and general design by <authorname>''), and the skin will live on. i'd hate to see it die.

(kelmk @ jan. 09 2006,07:18 Wrote:leonardo has never asked my permission to use any of these elements. the least he can do is give credit to the original theme.
wow... soooo last year!!!

he biotched about this last year when we first started talking about it. he complained then too...

waaaaaaa waaaaaa

take it as a compliment... if not, go whine somewhere else where someone might care.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
this reminds me of a thing picasso (1881-1973) once said : "good artist copy, great artist steal" .. but i agree that credits have to be given to the artist who first came up with the design, but sometimes the design speaks for itself like for eg the xbox360 skin by blackbolt.. i don't see him give any credits to microsoft for the original 360 interface, but i could be wrong..

there are lots of things i and others do where no credit is given, this is a fact of life... i do try to give credit when i can.

the bigger issue here is that over 1 year ago, when leonardo started the skin, it was requested by several people since they liked the meedio skin. i was one of those people.

there was a huge discussion, including the original skin designer... he stated that the skin was only to be used by meedio, and no others. after this attitude i gave him the finger. everyone was praising him and the work he did and then for him to snub his nose as people that did not use meedio... f him.

we were complimenting him and he was going to get all the credit for the design. but after the bad attitude he gave. what a jerk.

i've been in the technology biz a long time and people like that don't understand what they are missing... i know a guy that designed a very popular, very free, and very copied skin for the pronto touchscreen remote... he did such a good job and was copied so much that philip (makers of the pronto) hired him to design the default skin and navigation of the next few pronto remotes. he made tons of $ because he shared freely...

leonardo... please continue what makes you happy, not what others say/do/care about. your work is loved and admired. the meedio guy is just immature, ignore him. you add to this community by freely giving your work and we love you for it!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
nice work, thanks
i love theme 3 with the buttonscroller, i'll be using it for a while Nod
i'm confused, the topic is called "hdeetv changes for skin v2.0" in the first post only v1.85 is mentioned.
which version is it??
Any news about an update to get this great skins running on the current cvs state ?

It is simply the best skin available for XBMC. Clean and esthetic - Exactly what a Media-Center should look like.

Actually i prefer downgrading to an old version to using one of the currently compatible skins like PM or that strange Xbox360 look.
leonardo Wrote:if kevin does not grant his permission i will not publish any other update of this skin.
this was leonardos last post. he hasn't signed in since this post. This was a very long time ago.

You'd think that since meedio got sold to yahoo the story would have changed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDeeTV changes for skin v2.00