Ace vs MQ5
I just wanted to say that I have tried both skins and I just prefer ACE!

Its the front screen with the recently added poster view and the vertical menu that does it.

Just my opinion. Both skins are excellent of course!

Anyone else feel the same?
You mean mq4 as mq5 is not out yet.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
@bry-, Aeon MQ5, is out, available for vips, vips with subscription in xbmc brazil forum (donors) and active translators (transifex site), but remember it´s WIP skin (Work In Progress), when finished it´s free for all, of course.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Wanilton and Marcos

Bravo Bravo Bravo , for all the skins you have created.
I'm waiting to see MQ5 , but if it is complicated like MQ4 , then i'll remain in ACE.

Fantastic , Easy to use , and it's environment is at the top of the range.

Greetings from Greece
(2013-08-04, 13:31)master345 Wrote: I just wanted to say that I have tried both skins and I just prefer ACE!

Its the front screen with the recently added poster view and the vertical menu that does it.

Just my opinion. Both skins are excellent of course!

Anyone else feel the same?

The look of MQ5's home screen is very similar to ACE, albeit in an Aeon style.

MQ5's home screen is much more customisable than ACE, but is still a WIP, so it's to early to make a definitive choice IMO.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-08-07, 14:35)Samu-rai Wrote: MQ5's home screen is much more customisable than ACE...

much, much and much more. Tongue

Example:

Ace supports up to 12 submneu, total.

Aeon MQ 5:

- menu 1 at 11 = 20 submenu/menu = 220
- video playlists = 15 submenu/menu = 300
- audio playlists = 15 submenu/menu = 300
- addons = 15 submenu/menu = 300
- favorites = 15 submenu/menu = 300
- vnodes = 15 submenu/menu = 300
- others 68 items = 10 submenu/menu = 680

Thus the total number of submenus that Aeon MQ 5 supports is 2400. Nod
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
(2013-08-10, 14:29)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 14:35)Samu-rai Wrote: MQ5's home screen is much more customisable than ACE...
Thus the total number of submenus that Aeon MQ 5 supports is 2400. Nod
It means , that the Skin becomes slow to navigate it?
If the skin were written using the base code of Aeon MQ 4, I would say yes, but the Aeon MQ 5 was made under the code of Ace, then it was possible create a super skin that runs smooth.

Aeon MQ 5, you've never seen a skin like this. Wink

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Any idea when it's going to release for everyone?
Cant wait to see it..
"Phase 3 (scheduled to begin October 1, 2013 - expected duration: two months) - After having a full version, the skin will be published in the open area of Brazil XBMC forum for everyone to have access."

Visit my website

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ace vs MQ50