Replacement for Motorola NYXBoard Hybrid??
(2013-09-01, 04:29)poplap Wrote: Well like I said I would report back about the Rikomagic MK702 II. So here it goes:

...... The biggest drawback, and this annoys me a bit, is that the remote part does not control XBMC or anything other than the IR, there is no option for controlling things over RF with the remote side.

Hope that helps....

You really clarified things a lot ...

From what i ve read its NOT a good choice...

Thanks again for your review.... Nod
This remote is a NYXBoard at least according to XBMC when it's plugged into it, the same remote is used by The Little Black Box STB but their version has some of the button labels changed for better use with XBMC.

It would be a bit crazy & may not even work but there is a chance the TLBB remote would work with the VIP remote receiver if you prefer to use it with a HTPC.

My ideal remote would be a Boxee Box RF remote but no-one makes something like that and anything that comes close is usually a wireless air mouse (with some of the key buttons assigned to the mouse) not a pure keyboard remote like the boxee model was, there was a PC receiver available for boxee remotes once but it was rarer the hens teeth.
(2013-09-01, 10:04)solamnic Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 04:29)poplap Wrote: Well like I said I would report back about the Rikomagic MK702 II. So here it goes:

...... The biggest drawback, and this annoys me a bit, is that the remote part does not control XBMC or anything other than the IR, there is no option for controlling things over RF with the remote side.

Hope that helps....

You really clarified things a lot ...

From what i ve read its NOT a good choice...

Thanks again for your review.... Nod

I wouldn't say its not a good choice but if you were looking for a remote and not a keyboard/air mouse then it is a bad choice, but if that is what you wanted then it is a great product. And you're very much welcome Smile

(2013-09-01, 11:33)Starstream Wrote: This remote is a NYXBoard at least according to XBMC when it's plugged into it, the same remote is used by The Little Black Box STB but their version has some of the button labels changed for better use with XBMC.

It would be a bit crazy & may not even work but there is a chance the TLBB remote would work with the VIP remote receiver if you prefer to use it with a HTPC.

My ideal remote would be a Boxee Box RF remote but no-one makes something like that and anything that comes close is usually a wireless air mouse (with some of the key buttons assigned to the mouse) not a pure keyboard remote like the boxee model was, there was a PC receiver available for boxee remotes once but it was rarer the hens teeth.

The Boxee remote is a nice one and that would work great, although it would be nice if it had an IR learning feature for use with TVs.
(2013-09-01, 11:33)Starstream Wrote: [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/370803198680?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649]
I'm still using the boxee box RF with the pc receiver, it's awesome !
All I miss is ctrl+alt+del, windows key and a couple more button on the front but I have not found anything like that
(2013-09-01, 11:33)Starstream Wrote: This remote is a NYXBoard at least according to XBMC when it's plugged into it, the same remote is used by The Little Black Box STB but their version has some of the button labels changed for better use with XBMC.

I got this also and I call it the Vipremote.

The stupidity of the one who decided on the key codes amaze me.
Why the hell Ch+, Ch- doesn't send Pg Up, Pg Down is beyond me.
The Exit button sending Mouse Right Click and the Mouse Toggle sending another keyboard key.

Anyway with a proper keymap all can be fixed for XBMC.

There are some related issues in XBMC & OpenELEC that will be fixed or recently fixed so I advise you to read the following links.
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2520
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170866

I'm in the process of creating few custom keymaps for 4 rf remotes (and one or two mce) with detailed info.
Currently you can only grab the keymap for the Vipremote, change it to keyboard.xml and put it in userdata/keymaps with the python scripts.
Depending on your OS you might need to change keyid "plus" to "numpadplus" (use notepad++ for quick search&replace).

https://github.com/dhead666/xbmc-custom-keymaps
Thanks poplap for your review, I was very close to grab it also but decided it too pricy and now I waiting to 3 other remotes.

Please notice these are affiliate links (I try to get some points in dx) so if you don't like just remove the end of the link from "?Utm_rid ...". [Edit: Removed the affiliate code, doesn't seems right to me, bad idea]
None of them is looks to me perfect, I will review, compare them and will map them in XBMC and will publish all in my github at https://github.com/dhead666/xbmc-custom-keymaps

VMX3
RII RT-MWK25
VMX1 or DF10
Thank you. Smile Look forward to your reviews if any of them turn out good I will probably pick one of them up.
would it be possible to keep the df10 or the vmx1 in ir mode and use it with flirc for xbmc?

I want it so that i can On/Off my TV + HTPC using simerec WITHOUT having to press a button to go into "ir-mode"
@verismo,
One of the reasons that I ordered the vmx1 is the IR function, but wait for a review as Chinese seller don't give accurate information.

But I'm not sure if you need the Simerec module.
Any Intel/AMD system support waking up from USB, so any key press will wake up the system and you can map a key in XBMC to send the system to sleep.
Edit: missed the your remark about also turning on/off the TV.
I imagine that you could use both just map the power function in flirc so that it matches your tv that way when you turn your tv on your HTPC gets the signal to.
you can't map the power function in flirc, what i was thinking was just leave it in IR Mode, have it learn the TV's power button and map the rest of the buttons with flirc so you never need RF

would this work?
I've received the three remotes, I'm not sure when I'll get to review and mapped them (still in the box), hopefully soon.
(2013-09-06, 06:21)verismo Wrote: you can't map the power function in flirc, what i was thinking was just leave it in IR Mode, have it learn the TV's power button and map the rest of the buttons with flirc so you never need RF

would this work?

I don't really know because it is meant to learn IR so you might need to have it learn a remote then use that to teach flirc. Now the point of the remote was to have RF for XBMC and IR for the TV but to each his own.

(2013-09-19, 18:03)dhead Wrote: I've received the three remotes, I'm not sure when I'll get to review and mapped them (still in the box), hopefully soon.

Can't wait! Smile
ordered the df10, hopefully it works out.

edit: does the ir mode only last a certain amount of time? need someone to confirm/deny asap so i can cancel the order, thanks!!
(2013-09-20, 06:14)verismo Wrote: ordered the df10, hopefully it works out.

edit: does the ir mode only last a certain amount of time? need someone to confirm/deny asap so i can cancel the order, thanks!!

bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement for Motorola NYXBoard Hybrid??0