• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Reddit.com
The definitely do both, although video is the main thing I guess...but pictures are a regular thing too. A lot of the pictues are big and complex, though, and would need, ideally, scroll/zoom, support to be visible. But that's built in to xbmc's picture viewer really anyway.

I just figured you'd done most of the work already so it might be easy for you Smile Thanks if you do get there!

Re: mixed content - well, I think the pictures side of XBMC has recently had video support added for slideshows etc, but most likely it's best to keep it separate at the moment.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2013-12-09, 02:47)bossanova808 Wrote: The definitely do both, although video is the main thing I guess...but pictures are a regular thing too. A lot of the pictues are big and complex, though, and would need, ideally, scroll/zoom, support to be visible. But that's built in to xbmc's picture viewer really anyway.

I just figured you'd done most of the work already so it might be easy for you Smile Thanks if you do get there!

Re: mixed content - well, I think the pictures side of XBMC has recently had video support added for slideshows etc, but most likely it's best to keep it separate at the moment.
I now had a closer look at the site and it looks like most articles are videos. So, i think i'm gonna use the normal website, too.
Rss feed for latest - and website for the categories. When using the website (categories) via the addon, not all items will be playable. But i think this would be okay.
Btw: Cool site! Did not knew it before. Thanks for the request... Smile
Cool - yeah I like it, they find quality stuff.

I look forward to it Smile
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2013-12-10, 01:06)bossanova808 Wrote: Cool - yeah I like it, they find quality stuff.

I look forward to it Smile
First version is ready...
While you are being prolific... Smile I noticed your Reddit addon is significantly faster at listing videos than TheCollective's YouTube addon, showing 100 items in 3-5 seconds on Raspberry Pi vs 20+ seconds for YouTube to show 50 items (zzzzzzzz). Your Dailymotion addon is also faster at starting videos, 6-8 seconds vs 10-12 seconds. The YouTube addon seems a bit bloated which is disappointing for such an important addon, a more streamlined version would be a huge benefit on slower hardware like the Raspberry Pi. Maybe worth a look?
Lovely gem for my Gotham build, love Reddit videos, and was a bit disappointing I didn't find it on the official repro site, great stuff and thanks for your links here. Play unwatched is a forever favourite, hours of hilarious fun.
I can't get your repo to show any available plugins in xbmc, AddonScriptorDE is this still up. Great work btw.

Got it working just had to force refresh, like it was suggested earlier.

Thanks for your work.
I appreciate your work on this Add-On and making it work with Gotham. Is there any way you can get added to super repo?
Is this supposed to work with gotham?
It's incompatible according to my xbmc (gotham 13.1)
I'm using testing repo from first post.
Not working for me either. Have testd it with Gotham 13.1b2, 13.1 and 13.0.for Windows listed as incompatible.

Hope it gets updated soon as it's my most used plugin.
I am running Gotham 13.1 for mac. I cant install this plugin because it is incompatible!? PatK in post #36 claims that it is compatible with Gotham. I am confused.
I have a Mac 10.8 and xbmc 13.2 and I was trying to use the Pictures addon for Reddit. Version shows 1.0.3. From the Pictures - Add-ons menu, clicking Reddit.com gives me "Error Script Failed!: Reddit.com"

I also installed the Chrome Launcher thinking there may be some hidden dependency but still no go.
v1.1.7:
- Removed Vimeo addon dependency (not working anymore)
- Implemented Vimeo video url resolution

This solves the dependency problem with the broken Vimeo addon...
(2014-09-20, 23:51)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.1.7:
- Removed Vimeo addon dependency (not working anymore)
- Implemented Vimeo video url resolution

This solves the dependency problem with the broken Vimeo addon...

thanks for this great add-on! I have a small request, it is possible to do the same you did with Vimeo but with YouTube? That way I could uninstall the YT add on to use bromix's which works much better and faster in my humble opinion.

Also this add on makes great PseudoTV Live channels.
OpenELEC 4.2.1 on an old PC
Big Grin 
I am unable to delete a couple of subreddits I initially tested with. If I add a new subreddit, I am able to delete it. It's just for some reason I have 2 subbredits that I initially setup that will not delete. Where is this data stored so I can manually clear it out?

This is a great add on. I have been using the bluecop one for a long time, while it was a good product, I always wished it had the features and sources you have added. I don't think I could ask for more. Great job and thanks for sharing your work, it's beautiful.

UPDATE: I looked at the code and figured it out myself. For anyone else in the future using windows, you can find the addon data storage at the below path. All caps indicates a variable you need to substitute your own values for.

"C:\Users\WINDOWS ACCOUNT NAME\AppData\Roaming\xbmc\userdata\profiles\XBMC PROFILE NAME\addon_data\plugin.video.reddit_tv\"

For more information http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Reddit.com2