Req Sets use in Favorites and Submenus
As best I can tell, the "sets" tag doesn't work in submenues created with favorites (or playlist?).

I have separate directories that I designate with source for certain movie catagories. These sources become favorites and show as a sub menu under the "Videos" button. But even though I have put all the appropriate movies in the appropriate directory and even though I have enabled "sets", the set function does not work in those submenus. There is still a button for "Movies" (Confluence and Transparancy) and there the movies are grouped as sets and there are no submenus.

I would like to enable the use of the "sets" tag when using submenues.
I'm trying to get my mind around your question/issue, and I'm having a bit of difficulty, so should there be some misinterpretation you will be kind and straighten me out. For clarification; you want to use set's, and you can already see some movies as sets (you have show sets toggled in settings) but you want 'sub sets' menu's? Nope not happening. You have made a playlist for sets and they don't show? You can use the 'path' function if all your set's are together, or a keyword e.g. Collection which is in most set titles.

I would leave the set function, and use 'tags' with the name sets' link it to favourites and throw these tags lists into sub-menu's on the home page. BTW the sets function in smart playlist still works, but you have to specify the individual set.
(2013-08-06, 00:41)PatK Wrote: I'm trying to get my mind around your question/issue, and I'm having a bit of difficulty, so should there be some misinterpretation you will be kind and straighten me out. For clarification; you want to use set's, and you can already see some movies as sets (you have show sets toggled in settings) but you want 'sub sets' menu's? Nope not happening. You have made a playlist for sets and they don't show? You can use the 'path' function if all your set's are together, or a keyword e.g. Collection which is in most set titles.

I would leave the set function, and use 'tags' with the name sets' link it to favourites and throw these tags lists into sub-menu's on the home page. BTW the sets function in smart playlist still works, but you have to specify the individual set.

So sorry for the confusion. Let's take an example. I have sets toggled and "Die Hard", "Die Hard 2", "Die Hard With a Vengeance", "Live Free or Die Hard", and "Yahoo Died From Old Age" are all grouped as one set... "Die Hard Collection". Just like the Wiki says. I have selected the movies tab and I see the sets - both in Confluence and T1

Let's change it slightly but first some background..

I have all my movies in separate directories by a few categories. Each directory is added as a source. And each source is named and added as a favorite. If I go to files I see a number of little blue files that reflect my window directories. When I click the "Videos" tab in T1, all my Directories are there - "Movies A-J, Movies L-Z, Kids, Nature, Concerts, Scary, XMAS". This with no work from me other than selecting each source folder as a favorite when I added it. I love this. Just what I wanted.

I know that "Live Free or Die Hard" and "Yahoo Died From Old Age" are going to be grouped as sets, so I put them in the A-J directory expecting to see the "Die Hard Collection" - just like when I click on the Movies tab. But I don't. Each movie is shown separately and by the title in the NFO file. So they are all over the place.

You see? It is simply a difference between if I select Videos and then the submenu listing "Movies A-J", "Movies L-Z", etc. .... or if I select the Movies tab and all the movies are listed together without reference to what source was added. In one place I see "Die Hard Collection" and in the other I don't.

So what I am asking for is that once one toggles "sets" - one gets that feature no matter which menu item (view) is selected.

What I have right now is really good. I am 90% there. I like your idea of creating a playlist of movie sets. But that sounds like if I go one more step and make a playlist and make the playlist the favorite instead of just making the source file a favorite, the sets toggle will work. Is that right?

One quick work around is to just edit the "Sort Title" tag in the NFO file and that will line up all the movies even if not shown as a "set".

I am looking at tags but not sure how to use that tool here.

Thanks for the quick response.
The issue here is that sets grouping won't work in file view, which is how your favorites are set up. What I would do is use smart playlists instead of favorites, since those should show sets-groupings and can be defined by the source path.
Thanks Ned. I upgraded to Frodo over the top of Eden and everything is great but new to me.

I didn't realize I was in File View. So when I click the Videos Buttons, that is a file view?

I will just define the favorites and see if I can add them to the movies button which then should be the Library View. I appreciate the help.
I arrived at what you have to some extent with the addition of Ned's suggestion. My first level of filemode sources is genre and a few others, one of which is boxed sets. Note each set is in their own folder, and that all the frames are yellow/gold without the set designation, and content is set to exclude folder on scanning (I can live with that, if needed I add manually) within which is the normal file folder with each video as indicated in the image below along with set image folders and backgrounds in the root of this set. Might be a tad confusing, which is why I added the image.

In the bottom right quarter is what the smartplaylist looks like (ignore the Little Rascals, it's a sub set of one of the sets) and it's attachment via home page sub menu as Boxed Sets. and the very bottom right is what the set shows up in the library with the sets icon desgnation and just above that is what it all looks like in the 'sets' submenu.

Kinda confusing, hope the visual helps.. I forgo the blue folders for my system. You can go one step further and just tag sets, but it seems more effort than it's worth and the visuals are lacking. I should note that I do have sets mingled in other places and I treat them in the same way regardless of postiton in the collection and they show up as sets with the sets icon designation.
Wow Pat. That's great. I didn't know we could forego the blue folders.

If the Video Tab is automatically folder view (which is pretty cool) than this is my folder view:

This is what happens when I click "Videos".

I was going to ask about setting up a menu item for folder view. I thought I had to go to Video and then up to those 3 little dots and click there. It makes sense that these are file directories. That entry that says "PATRIOT" is just a patriot flash drive that is stuck in a USB port. When I click the little dots and select "Files", I just have the blue files. I didn't realize I was already looking at the Files.

I assume when I make playlist based on paths and add them as favorites they won't duplicate here.

I got to the picture above by clicking "Videos" on the home screen. This is the home screen.

If all I have to do is make the Playlist using path, assign it as a favorite and go to settings for Movies and add the favorite to Movies submenus - this is going to be really easy.

Again, thanks for the advice. I really like T1 in Frodo but it is different than Confluence in Eden which is what I had till a few days ago.
Confluence is the skin that comes default, nice and light (quick for CPU challenged boxes) but doesn't have all the bells and whistles that T! and Aeon potentially could have. The three little dots are just a symbol for 'up' a directory, so yes you are staring at your file view under the 'video' button. One of the real gems of T! is the 5 direct 'FOLDER' buttons in settings>skin>menu>video which will give you direct file access to a path outside the library (in other words out of the defined system source scan area, which could be a 3TB removable media drive, Nas etc.). This is where I place all my old off-line TV shows that no longer are part of the system library but I still can access through this sub menu.

Quote:re: I assume when I make playlist based on paths and add them as favorites they won't duplicate here.

File-mode is not a library, so there will not be dups... unless there really is dups. playlists are based on already scanned material in your library.

You confusion should be short lived as your progress ahead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sets use in Favorites and Submenus0