OS X Copying Files over Lan to an external Harddrive connected to Rasperry Pi
Hey Guys, i am currently having some Problems with XMBC (Open Elec) and copying Files.
I've been running Open Elec on my Rasp. Pi and i want to copy Files over lan onto my external Harddrive connected to my Rasp. Pi.
If i want to copy files onto my Hardrive located inside the media-folder there appears an error likes this
" Not enough free space " ... but there is enough free space on my hardrive ?
Can anybody tell what i am doing wrong ?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Are you initiating the file copy operation from your Mac or RPi? Does that device have write permission on that disk drive?

If you're copying over a large number of files, it may be simpler to move that external drive over the the Mac rather than trying to do it over the network.
Are you sure that the drive is not formatted as FAT32 and you are trying to copy files >4Gb?
Yes i am initiating the copy operation from my macbook and it has write Permissions.
It is connected to the same network as my RPi. The connected HDD is formatted NTFS.

Here is my actual routine.
1. Connecting both to the same network
2. In my Finder the RPi appears under Shares
3. Inside the Media-Folder there is a Folder called like my HDD
4. Copying Files to it ..

But if the Files are bigger then free Space on my SD-Card it wont copy.
It also seems that the files i wanna copy not get copied to the actual connected HDD but to another directory
It's likely the location you are trying to copy the files to is actually on your SD card rather than on your external HDD. Are you sure the drive is mounted by your OS after you plugged it in?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copying Files over Lan to an external Harddrive connected to Rasperry Pi1