Disable crystalhd for streams with specific codec?
Rainbow 
Hi, I wonder if there is a way to play WVC1 streams (.asf) without the use of crystalhd?

I get only sound and no picture when chd is enabled and thought there might be a way to disable the decoder just for that format? It would be great to not have to go to the settings and switch crystalhd on or off every time I want to watch a specific stream.

Thanks for any help!
I would love this as well. I recently pieced together a new HTPC that can play all my videos, but would love to still use my Mac Mini with CHD. The reason for the new HTPC setup was crystal hd's inability to play VC1 streams inside MKV containers (sound, but no picture). They would playback fine with just software decoding, so having CHD turn off for VC1 streams would be great.
I'm having an issue with BCHD freaking out with any librtmp videos and seeking in them, causing me to have to switch between hardware and software decode as well.

This would be interesting to be able to do that as a temp fix, but I don't believe it is possible. So now it would be better to try and help the devs figure out why this is happening and/or when things should be falling back to SW decoding or not.
(2013-08-07, 06:16)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm having an issue with BCHD freaking out with any librtmp videos and seeking in them, causing me to have to switch between hardware and software decode as well.

This would be interesting to be able to do that as a temp fix, but I don't believe it is possible. So now it would be better to try and help the devs figure out why this is happening and/or when things should be falling back to SW decoding or not.

Having it fall back to SW decoding would be perfect since I believe the issue with CHD and these files is with the broadcom source drivers, and pretty sure it is nothing Davilla or anyone can do other than implement a fall back. I've reported this issue several times over the years and I made a post awhile back that didn't get any response, but outlined the issues I am having in pretty good detail. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96291 Although the issue outlined there was for Dharma, the issue still exists today.

For the OP, you will see in that thread that the CHD can handle VC1 streams just fine, but it has issues depending on the container for some reason. If you remux the stream and audio into an m2ts file, it will play just fine, but this isn't a good solution IMO.

(2013-08-07, 06:16)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm having an issue with BCHD freaking out with any librtmp videos and seeking in them, causing me to have to switch between hardware and software decode as well.

Oh...as for this part. Do you not have issues seeking with local videos? Just the librtmp videos? Which version of the card do you have? BCM70012 or BCM70015? The 12 version is terrible regarding seeking, but the 15 does just fine. I have both versions and don't have seeking problems with the 15 with local videos, youtube, justin.tv, revision3, twitch.tv, etc.
BCM70015. On libtrmp videos, such as those from the Hulu add-on, seeking will stop the video completely, but audio will continue. Even resuming the video mid way will cause the video to stop, but audio to continue. This is only an issue in XBMC v12, and something I've seen on my ATV1 for both OpenELEC and Crystalbuntu. XBMC v11 did not have the issue. As such, it sounds like something that is fixable, but overlooked because BCHD users are a group that is growing smaller, so there are less testers and developers working on it.

It's possible that my issue is related to the issue you guys are having with VC1, but that would only be a guess.
(2013-08-07, 17:33)icedtrip Wrote: For the OP, you will see in that thread that the CHD can handle VC1 streams just fine, but it has issues depending on the container for some reason. If you remux the stream and audio into an m2ts file, it will play just fine, but this isn't a good solution IMO.

Yep, I've remuxed my remuxed VC1 blu-ray mkv's to m2ts already Smile

The problem I'm describing in my first post has to do with streamed media. There's no way to change the container as a workaround then. Sad
(2013-08-08, 00:28)Ned Scott Wrote: BCM70015. On libtrmp videos, such as those from the Hulu add-on, seeking will stop the video completely, but audio will continue. Even resuming the video mid way will cause the video to stop, but audio to continue. This is only an issue in XBMC v12, and something I've seen on my ATV1 for both OpenELEC and Crystalbuntu. XBMC v11 did not have the issue. As such, it sounds like something that is fixable, but overlooked because BCHD users are a group that is growing smaller, so there are less testers and developers working on it.

It's possible that my issue is related to the issue you guys are having with VC1, but that would only be a guess.

(2013-08-08, 02:08)nozomi Wrote: Yep, I've remuxed my remuxed VC1 blu-ray mkv's to m2ts already Smile

The problem I'm describing in my first post has to do with streamed media. There's no way to change the container as a workaround then. Sad

Ned, it does look like your problem could be related somehow since nozomi's issue is with streams too.....for some reason I missed that. I haven't come across a stream that uses VC1 myself. Most streams I watch use h.264.
The streams in my case are h.264.
(2013-08-08, 15:40)Ned Scott Wrote: The streams in my case are h.264.

Then it's unrelated. If I get a chance, I'll hook my Mac Mini back up and see if I can reproduce it with Hulu. Does it happen with all streams? You just mentioned the Hulu addon. We can then try and pinpoint if it is a CHD problem or something else since I'm running a Mac Mini with OS 10.6 vs your ATV1.
Oh hello, can anyone give a "yes" or "no" to my question about switching chd on or off depending on the video codec?

Hell, I'll even settle for a "go fuck yourself", I just need an answer.
Not possible
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-15, 20:33)nozomi Wrote: Oh hello, can anyone give a "yes" or "no" to my question about switching chd on or off depending on the video codec?

Hell, I'll even settle for a "go fuck yourself", I just need an answer.

It would require modifying XBMC's code and making a special build, and I don't even know to do that. Like I said before, it's highly doubtful that any of the devs that do know how would do that, because they would most likely rather spend that time fixing the root problem.

I don't have an OS X box with BCHD set up right now, but I can try to see if the same thing happens (bad VC1 playback) under linux, and see if that gives us any hints on what the real issue is. If I find out anything useful then I'll post again in this thread.
Bumping this for a slightly modified question: can you bind some key-combination to switch crystalhd on/off?

Just found out that the espn3 addon won't work with chd enabled Sad

Would be awesome if I could use a button on my harmony remote to enable/disable.

EDIT well how about that. ESPN3 works with chd if I start the stream and get sound but no picture; and then click the stream again while it's running.

Love

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable crystalhd for streams with specific codec?0