Anime nerds, assemble!
Hello all and thanks for the regex updates !
I still have some issues with episodes named like this : "[HorribleSubs] Log Horizon 2 - 02 [720p]".

I tried adding theses lines in the advacesettings.xml but I'm not sure that I did it the right way:

Code:
<!-- Include season marker in the filename. -->
<!-- EG: [HorribleSubs] Log Horizon 2 - 02 [720p].mp4 -->

<regexp>(?i)[-._ ]+(\d{1,3})(?: - (?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?[^][)(}{\\/]*$</regexp>
I only have a few anime and currently only watch one, so I'm not an expert in this regard. Anyway, here is my experience.

I tried adding naruto shippuuden to the library.

This is an example of one episode to show how the original files are named:

[Hatsuyuki]_Naruto_Shippuuden_-_383_[10bit][1280x720][89E68BDD].mkv

I took a look at the episode list in wikipedia and named the files based on the appropriate season and episode number:

[Hatsuyuki]_Naruto_Shippuuden_-_s18e383_[10bit][1280x720][89E68BDD].mkv

I added the source, chose "TV shows" for the directory type and chose The TVDB as a scraper. I scanned it. Even though the names were correct, nothing showed up.

I thought that maybe 383 is messing things up, after all, each season starts from #1, so I checked TVDB. Weirdly, there was no season 18 in the list.

So I switched the scraper to AniDB. Again nothing showed up. Then I noticed that AniDB doesn't recognize seasons for this show. (I don't know if it's true for other anime or not.)

Anyway, long story short, all I had to do was to add an "e" to the episode name. No need to put "s01" in there either.

[Hatsuyuki]_Naruto_Shippuuden_-_e383_[10bit][1280x720][89E68BDD].mkv

Now it shows up in the library and with the correct episode name too. The only issue is that it shows up as season 1, but that's not really an issue.
Dear @Kinematics
many thanks for your work.
I'm using your regexes and I love them.

I'm currently facing some issue with a filename. If I manually add the CRC at the end, the episode is recognized, without CRC (it's original format), it's not.

e.g.
[Kanjisub] Baccano! 01 [XviD][704x396][SUB-ITA][DCCB126F].avi , that falls in the "prepend" regex matching is recognized
[Kanjisub] Baccano! 01 [XviD][704x396][SUB-ITA].avi , falling in "append" regex matching, is not.

I tried to "debug" your regex using https://regex101.com/ and it seems it matches 2 groups.

I created a personalized regex to fix the issue (I know, it's far than perfect):

Code:
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
        <!-- Backup rule for italian anime scene -->
        <!-- F:\ANIME\SERIES\Baccano!\[Kanjisub] Baccano! 01 [XviD][704x396][SUB-ITA].avi -->
        <!-- F:\ANIME\SERIES\Fate Zero\[Fate-Subs] Fate Zero BluRay 01 (Hi10p 720p).mp4 -->
        <!-- F:\ANIME\SERIES\KILL la KILL\[Fate-Akuma] Kill La Kill 01 - [BluRay-720p].mkv -->
        <!-- F:\ANIME\SERIES\Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo\[Fate-Akuma] Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - 06 [720p].mkv -->
        <regexp>(?i)[\\\/]anime[\\\/].*[\[(].*?[\])][._ -].*?[._ -]([0-9]+)[._ -]*(?:[\[(].*?[)\]])+</regexp>
    </tvshowmatching>

(to avoid problems on the rest of the library, it only applies to \anime\ directory Smile )

Maybe it can be of some help to others.
Hey everyone,

It looks like the wiki article is quite accurate about how to use kodi the best way in combination with anime.
However I had a few suggestions to improve it to make it a little more "noob" friendly.
Not everyone using kodi is a tech guru and the article itself is quite technical.

Perhaps an idea would be to add a few simple tutorials as to how to make a smart playlist with a anime directory and how to place these into customizable kodi themes?
And how to rename the anime with programms like Bulk Rename Utility to match the episode numbering with thetvdb.org?
And another idea I read on the forum here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142835&page=60
About how to make the AniDB scraper work with .nfo files to be able to scan your anime easier would perhaps be usefull information to add to the wiki as well?

The AniDBMod Scraper is already mentioned in the wiki article, however there's a 1 crucial part of information which is missing from the current use of the anidbMod.
That is the problem of getting banned from anidb.net for 24 hours if you scan several animes at once. The anidb scraper can only be used if setting the content of one anime at a time.
Otherwise the scraper will cease to work for 24 hours. Resulting in that it finds the anime in the search list but does not retrieve any metadata and therefor does not add the anime to the library.
I found this out the hard way which was quite frustrating lol.

So just a few suggestions Smile
@chibichiii

I just responded to your other post.

Do you have a wiki account? Why not apply for one and edit the wiki page. The guide is a good idea, and would be helpful to many users.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anime nerds, assemble!1