Need to restart TVservice everyday
I use Mediaportal 1.4 and the extension provided here. It works well but I have to restart it everyday? Is that commmon? Is there a fix for it?

Otherwise it works fine but the wife and kid have trouble finding how to restart the service every time.
No, that is not normal.
Why do you need to restart the TVService? It hangs? Or you can't tune channels? Without more details, we can't tell you if there is a fix Wink

If you disable the TVServerXBMC extension and use MediaPortal's frontend, do you still have the same problem? Yes? => ask for help on the MediaPortal forum.

Did you already check the TVServer log files for possible clues?
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I had a similar problem for a while. My solution was to go into TV Server configuration and edit my card details under TV Servers. By default my card was set to Stop when the card went into an idle state, changing it to Pause made the difference for me. Hope the solution is as simple for you Smile
(2013-09-08, 23:16)wsm1972 Wrote: I had a similar problem for a while. My solution was to go into TV Server configuration and edit my card details under TV Servers. By default my card was set to Stop when the card went into an idle state, changing it to Pause made the difference for me. Hope the solution is as simple for you Smile

Thank you SO much for this "quick fix"!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to restart TVservice everyday0