• 25(current)
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences
I am having some minor issues with frodo12.3....may be will go back to mygica 12.2....anyway thanks helkish for your reply
Hey guys, I think I'm soft-bricked (i.e, stuck on flash screen and can't get into recovery). What's the best method to make recovery sdcard?

Thanks.
(2014-01-26, 16:45)superfreak79 Wrote: Hey guys, I think I'm soft-bricked (i.e, stuck on flash screen and can't get into recovery). What's the best method to make recovery sdcard?

Thanks.

You can try the steps for Android Recovery outlined on the first page of this topic:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180446

Steps below
If you want to revert to Android 4.1, follow the instructions below:

1. Download update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip and HowToRevertToBox4.1.zip

2. Unzip HowToRevertToBox4.1.zip, but not update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip

3. Copy all files into SD/TF card root directory

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
spi_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip

4. Press and hold the upgrade button, and power the device

5. Keep holding the button for about 10 seconds, and release it

6. There won’t be any display for around 2 minutes, then the upgrading screen will appear

7. The box will automatically reboot to Android upon completion
(2014-01-26, 17:39)jatho Wrote: You can try the steps for Android Recovery outlined on the first page of this topic:

Sorry, my bad. I'll check it out... much appreciated.
(2014-01-26, 17:45)superfreak79 Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 17:39)jatho Wrote: You can try the steps for Android Recovery outlined on the first page of this topic:

Sorry, my bad. I'll check it out... much appreciated.
No need to say sorry, was just pointing you in the right direction.

Unfortunately, that didn't work - now I've got pink-red colour on screen with one blue and one red status light on.

Here's how I got to this point:

- Had been using Genaitech Linux build but wanted to try croniccorey's Linux build
- Tried to flash corey's "MX_LINUX_PRERC2-TEST1-STVMX-update.img" build
- Corey's build didn't work - I'd only see a black screen
- Corey informed me that I need stock Geniatech FW before flashing his
- Flashed Genaitech "update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img" and then "update_spi_mx_20130805.img" from recovery
- Flash corey's "MX_LINUX_PRERC2-TEST1-STVMX-update.img" build
- Corey's build didn't work - I was stuck at the Linux Penguin flash screen plus I couldn't get back to recovery
- I tried "revert to Android 4.1" from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1574359
- Now I'm stuck pink-red colour with one blue and one red status light on

BTW, I did to myself - this isn't about either Genaitech or Croniccorey's builds

I found this thread ([HOWTO] Create a rescue SD card for (pretty much) every Amlogic 8726-MX device) but haven't quite wrapped my head around it yet. Confused

If anyone has ideas, I'm willing to try them.
any chance of getting a ps3 controller or xbox 360 to work on this? i have a bluetooth dongle as well
Superfreak79

Does it power on or does the power led change colour at all
Press THANK USER if I Help
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can help me two small problems. I just bought a ATV520E from Canada Computers. Came with XBMC Frodo 12.2 installed already, so I assume that is the latest firmware (the dates are confusing and I couldnt match about settings in android to the Geniatech website).

Anyways, I setup XBMC with the Fusion Hub Wizard. The issues I have are:

- When I setup UPnP services in XBMC.... I can see the library (play from) for XBMC, but it doesnt show up as a "Renderer" (playto device). I'm using BubbleUPnp for Android. It seems to be a ATV520 specific, because when I run XBMC on my android phone, it shows up as a renderer and I can send a video to it from BubbleUPNP on my tablet (android and iOS). I was really hoping to be able to "send" videos to it from my tablet instead of using the XBMC menu to manually click files. Anyone have this issue too? How can it be fixed?

- The audio seems to sometimes require a .5 second delay to match lips when playing a 720P MKV - is this normal?

As a side note, XBMC also shows 0.0.0.0 as an IP address, although the network is connected. Maybe this is causing an issue?

Any help or guidance is appreciated. I'm hesitant to upgrade to 12.3 to see if it fixes my issues, since so many people say video is choppy. Also unfortunate that v13.0 Gotham does not support AMlogic HW.
(2014-01-28, 18:59)Jbusyy Wrote: Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can help me two small problems. I just bought a ATV520E from Canada Computers. Came with XBMC Frodo 12.2 installed already, so I assume that is the latest firmware (the dates are confusing and I couldnt match about settings in android to the Geniatech website).

Anyways, I setup XBMC with the Fusion Hub Wizard. The issues I have are:

- When I setup UPnP services in XBMC.... I can see the library (play from) for XBMC, but it doesnt show up as a "Renderer" (playto device). I'm using BubbleUPnp for Android. It seems to be a ATV520 specific, because when I run XBMC on my android phone, it shows up as a renderer and I can send a video to it from BubbleUPNP on my tablet (android and iOS). I was really hoping to be able to "send" videos to it from my tablet instead of using the XBMC menu to manually click files. Anyone have this issue too? How can it be fixed?

- The audio seems to sometimes require a .5 second delay to match lips when playing a 720P MKV - is this normal?

As a side note, XBMC also shows 0.0.0.0 as an IP address, although the network is connected. Maybe this is causing an issue?

Any help or guidance is appreciated. I'm hesitant to upgrade to 12.3 to see if it fixes my issues, since so many people say video is choppy. Also unfortunate that v13.0 Gotham does not support AMlogic HW.

The firmware from the ones from Canada Computers is older. Mine came with 20130520 I think. It's listed as

- Also the auto update doesn't seem to work, you have to do it manually.
- The instructions say to put the firmware on usb flash, but it only seems work from microSD.
- If the files don't show up in the Upgrade app when you launch it press the Menu button ( the button with 3 bars ) 8 times. Sounds funny but I found this in a thread either here or over at xbmchub.com.
- When you upgrade select the SPI file first, then run the upgrade app again and run the STVMX file.

I had problems with the original firmware and ethernet not working maybe that's why it's showing 0.0.0.0

I haven't had any issues with BubbleUPNP. I don't use it that often any more.

Actually, the latest nightlies of XBMC have Amlogic HW decoding enabled http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181739. But it seems that a lot of addons are not compatible with Gotham.
Thanks for the reply. I will update the firmware to be sure it is the most recent.

For the LAN issue. Android system setting show the IP just fine when the Ehternet cable is connected. The internet works. XBMC just shows 0.0.0.0 IP, even thought Internet works in XBMC too.

I'm really hoping to figure out the UPnP PlayTo issue. Maybe I will have to wait for Gothem to fix that though.
(2014-01-28, 20:30)Jbusyy Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I will update the firmware to be sure it is the most recent.

For the LAN issue. Android system setting show the IP just fine when the Ehternet cable is connected. The internet works. XBMC just shows 0.0.0.0 IP, even thought Internet works in XBMC too.

I'm really hoping to figure out the UPnP PlayTo issue. Maybe I will have to wait for Gothem to fix that though.

Sorry, forgot to ask. But, did you enable Allow control of XBMC via UPnP under Settings > Services > UPnP
(2014-01-28, 22:31)helkish Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 20:30)Jbusyy Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I will update the firmware to be sure it is the most recent.

Sorry, forgot to ask. But, did you enable Allow control of XBMC via UPnP under Settings > Services > UPnP

Yup, turned all all services and settings required. Did the same setup on My Android phone and UpNP shows up as a renderer for that device... but it doesnt show up for the ATV520 (they are never both on at same time either). Very odd bug here.
(2014-01-28, 06:37)AuXBoX Wrote: Superfreak79

Center LED is red at power on and doesn't change. Only exception is when I short pins 17&18 which causes the center LED to turn off and the Net LED blue. Thanks for your time.
(2014-01-29, 05:49)superfreak79 Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 06:37)AuXBoX Wrote: Superfreak79

Center LED is red at power on and doesn't change. Only exception is when I short pins 17&18 which causes the center LED to turn off and the Net LED blue. Thanks for your time.

I downloaded files to take a peak. The second one likes like the HowToRevertToBox4.1 files but have different file size.

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/xbmc-andro...ked-2.html

Also, this guy seems to have unbricked his ATV1200 with the exact same files.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...2&page=115

If this fails, try contacting Geniatech. They should be able to send you files to properly repair it.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences5