• 38(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
How can I add a plugin to my main screen? I've tried doing the following, it works on Confluence but not in here: (in Home.xml)
<item>
<label>Genesis</label>
<label2></label2>
<thumb>-</thumb>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://plugin.video.genesis/)</onclick>
</item>
I wouldn't recommend doing this on the home screen to be honest - far better to add a submenu shortcut in the video menu. That said, here's the code you need for the home.xml:

Code:
<item>
<label>Genesis</label>
<label2></label2>
<thumb>-</thumb>
<onclick>RunAddon(plugin.video.genesis)</onclick>
</item>

Icons for the homescreen items are supplied using a font. I've given yours a generic 'plugin' icon. Your options are here: http://www.webhostinghub.com/glyphs/
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
hello, I just discover your work and it is very classy!
I have one question, how can I put advanced launcher on home menu instead of rom collection ?
Which file have I do edit and how?
thanks!
@bakito:

File you need to change is 1080i/home.xml

Find:
Code:
<item>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hideGames) + System.HasAddon(script.games.rom.collection.browser)</visible>
<label>31156</label>
<label2></label2>
<thumb>-</thumb>
<onclick>RunScript(script.games.rom.collection.browser)</onclick>
</item>

Replace with:
Code:
<item>
<visible>true</visible>
<label>31156</label>
<label2></label2>
<thumb>-</thumb>
<onclick>RunAddon(plugin.program.advanced.launcher)</onclick>
</item>
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Hello I tried to figure out how glyph icons work but didn't work out for me. They end up showing text, or blank. Any instuctions? -Or are you planning to make it work with easier ways and/or pngs?
The icon font is located in fonts/symbol.ttf

Best thing to do is to open the font in a reader (i use font explorer pro on Mac, there are numerous others available). Find the glyph you want, copy and paste.

A browser for all available icons in that font are provided here: http://www.webhostinghub.com/glyphs/
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Ok, here's what I did with no luck.
1) Visited website & downloaded them all as a font.
2) Installed font (Windows 8.1, right click install)
3) Launched word, chose WebHostingHub-Glyphs and typed the word vinyl for example.
4) An icon showed instead of the word, and copied just the little vinyl icon and/or the spaces. (Tried both)
5) Opened home.xml with notepad and tried to paste it. When I copy just the icon it pastes "V", and if I copy the whole word it pastes "Vinyl"

Also if I open the font from windows fonts folder, it shows as any other font without symbols.
I wouldn't recommend using Word for this. Try opening the font in a character mapping application like Babelstone (http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Software/BabelMap.html) instead. Sparing a lesson in font creation, the symbols are held in the 'private use' area of the font, so windows preview will likely ignore them.

Find the icon you want and copy / paste it from there into a textfile editor. When you paste a symbol in notepad, the resultant glyph will look unrecognisable, but will render in Kodi as the desired symbol.

Vinyl for example renders here as: 
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20