• 16(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
(2014-04-04, 21:04)moneymaker Wrote: @thedeadman

What about cyrillic support?

Source Sans Pro currently doesn't have Cyrillic and Greek characters, new font would be needed.
(2014-04-01, 15:37)thedeadman Wrote: I'll be submitting to the official repo shortly. Thanks to all posters on this thread for your help and support.

Good Luck! Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@Moneymaker: Cyrillic support in source sans pro is under development. I appreciate how important this is and I keep a close eye on progress. As soon as it is released, I will integrate it into Maximinimalism. I won't be considering a change of font i'm afraid.

@Jurialmunkey: Thanks. Best of luck with Eminence and Arctic, love your work.

@picaresqu3: I looked into cinema experience a while back. I'll have another look at it and will get back to you.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-04-05, 12:28)thedeadman Wrote: @picaresqu3: I looked into cinema experience a while back. I'll have another look at it and will get back to you.

All you need is to add a button to the menu in DialogVideoInfo.xml that has the following (of course give the button an id and label and style it however you want etc.).
PHP Code:
<control type="button">
    <
onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
    <
onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
    <
visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</
control
Its just a script that plays things like trailers before the movie to make it feel more like being in the cinema. It doesn't need anything special - just a way to launch it for the selected movie.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-04-04, 21:04)moneymaker Wrote: What about cyrillic support?
Try replace fonts deja vu fonts.
What a awesome skin... Love the simplicity and superb design

I hope you change your mind and make it possible to let the media continue playing in the background when exploring the content in your skin. When watching TV It's realy handy that the channel will continue when you search for annother program on a different channel. I prefer full screen on the background and not a tiny window in the upper corner. How big is the change you put this in your skin? You'll fix the EPG right?

Want to make sure that I'm clear about this skin, it blown me away when seeing this for the first time. Keep up to good work!
Thanks Dr3q1z!

I'll take your comments on board. Having the tiny window on PVR has never sat right for me.. On my setup, I set PVR content to start in fullscreen mode as a default (settings->pvr->playback->start playback minimised) so i've never really had to live with the little window. I'll continue to work on getting this aspect of the skin working better for both use scenarios.

On the subject of fullscreen video.. To be bluntly honest, I really don't want to have fullscreen video going on behind the menus for PVR or elsewhere in the skin. It's a pig to balance to keep the menus legible, makes my eyes hurt and I've never seen a way of providing the user the means of switching back to fullscreen mode that I find obvious / intuitive. Not to say it can't be achieved of course, but that's my honest opinion for what it's worth. I'd far rather keep things consistent, predictable and simple :-)

Not sure what you mean by 'fix the epg'? Do you mean that the EPG isn't appearing at all? If not, please check that option settings->PVR->EPG->default epg window is set to 'Timeline'. Do that, reboot and let me know if that sorts it out. Otherwise, could you be more specific as to what's broken?

Cheers!
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Thanks for your fast reply thedeadman and I appreciate your honesty and opinion :-)

Is it possible to let the media continue without a window (small or fullscreen)? Why?

Channel changing takes some time. So when I'm in the live TV section for example and I want to show my mates a new movie or serie cover, the media stops. When returning to the PVR it's a bit frustrating that it needs to load the channel again. Also if the sound from the PVR (or music, movie, serie) continues while showing the new movie cover and info, It's more alive and not such a abrupt sound quiting when you want to check something else out in the skin. Just throwing it out there mate, I really get it if this doesn't fit in your view how a skin needs to work ;-)

I disabled the small PVR window and that's much better!

When using the "C" key, it usualy shows a channel list while using the PVR but not in this skin. Is it available in the skin? This solves my issue a bit when changing channels ;-)

When I choose the TV Guide in the skin or pressing the "E" key while using your skin, XBMC will crash so I thought it was still under development. I'm using the Beta3 with Vu+ app and a DM800. Having the same problem with annother new XBMC skin: metroTV. Could it be a local problem then?

Tnx mate
Dr3q1z,

Quote:Is it possible to let the media continue without a window (small or fullscreen)? Why?

Channel changing takes some time. So when I'm in the live TV section for example and I want to show my mates a new movie or serie cover, the media stops. When returning to the PVR it's a bit frustrating that it needs to load the channel again. Also if the sound from the PVR (or music, movie, serie) continues while showing the new movie cover and info, It's more alive and not such a abrupt sound quiting when you want to check something else out in the skin. Just throwing it out there mate, I really get it if this doesn't fit in your view how a skin needs to work ;-)

No worries. I've got a few ideas left to try out, so maybe a future update will handle video streams differently :-)

Quote:When using the "C" key, it usualy shows a channel list while using the PVR but not in this skin. Is it available in the skin? This solves my issue a bit when changing channels ;-)
This function is not available at the moment.. Will add it in the next update.

Quote:When I choose the TV Guide in the skin or pressing the "E" key while using your skin, XBMC will crash so I thought it was still under development. I'm using the Beta3 with Vu+ app and a DM800. Having the same problem with annother new XBMC skin: metroTV. Could it be a local problem then?
Hmm. Could be down to your PVR backend. I use TVHeadend (which has extremely fast channel switching, incidently). I assume it works OK on the Confluence skin??
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Hi thedeadman

Quote:No worries. I've got a few ideas left to try out, so maybe a future update will handle video streams differently :-)
I'm very curious about your ideas!

Quote:This function is not available at the moment.. Will add it in the next update.
Im looking forward to it

Quote:Hmm. Could be down to your PVR backend. I use TVHeadend (which has extremely fast channel switching, incidently). I assume it works OK on the Confluence skin??
Yeah it works fine with the Confluence skin. Loading of the EPG takes a bit longer as usual, but XBMC won't crash. Im stuck with enigma so I cant change that...

Tnx mate
It might just have been because i was looking at 5am and hadn't been to bed yet, but i can't seem to find a log out option?
karandras24 - yeah - not sure what happened to that. It should be in the shutdown menu but seems to have disappeared somewhere along the line.

Will add and post an update ASAP.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Thanks deadman, at least i know i'm not just going crazy.
Hi, I have a feature request: show "finish time" in the pause- or info screen. It's one of my most used xbmc features!
Hi Takoi,

Yep, that I can do. Will be in the next update.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20