• 29(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
Thanks Neroes, fix is on the way.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Love the skin but running into a little bit of trouble.

I've tried pretty much everything but I can't get it to show my show/movie info from either a scraper or from my nfo's.

It shows a big box/show picture just fine, which is great, but I want to know the plot of what I'm going to watch if at all possible.
I have nfo files of everything in the dirs with all info needed made by Couchpotato and SickRage but it's just not picking up on it nor is it picking up on normal scraping from tvdb or moviedb (or whatever it uses, I set it up in confluence a while back Tongue).

My "Show plot of unwatched items" is enabled but it just doesn't show up.
Maybe someone can help me with this cuz it really is an awesome skin (the only one I can get under 20% CPU idle at 1050 ARM Freq on my RPi tbh).
@ThaMadHatter - Do the plots show up when using the Confluence skin?
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Yeah if I set it to either fanart or media info mode it shows everything perfectly fine in confluence.
Ah - ok - it's the movie info screen you want, the plots aren't shown on the movie / tvshow listing page.

Hit 'i' (or whatever button on your remote is mapped to 'i') on any item to get the info for that item.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Uhmm actually, no button seems to be mapped to I, I'm using Simplink (CEC Remote) from my LG remote so it's extremely limited.... and I have no idea how to manually map it... So I'd have to hook up a keyboard or something to be able to navigate it properly which isn't really uhmm ideal Tongue.

Isn't there a mode that shows this information similar to those in confluence, amber etc. or just a way to get it to display the nfo data automatically while browsing my files?

Small edit: Ideally I'd just see a show info mode but I figured checking into keymapping was worth a shot if all else failed so I tried to add https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...remote.xml to my keymaps and rebooted but no dice, not picking up on anything on my remote.

Edit again: Custom mapping doesn't work either. Is there really no way to just get the info on screen without the remote having to do the work?
I also have a limited remote and no "i" button, but I usually reach it from the context menu ("c").
The only way I can reach the context menu is by hitting play on a directory in confluence so that means I can't reach it at all when selecting a video file cuz it'll just start playing Tongue

Like I said, I rather just see it in the menu right away without hitting any button but if that's out of the question I wouldn't mind programming my remote manually but that doesn't work either following xbmc's wiki guide soooo unless someone knows what I'm doing wrong or has a working keymap for LG remotes and a way to get it to actually work i'm pretty much clueless.
Context menu by hitting play? That makes no sense to me... I don't mean control buttons, I mean the context menu (like what you get with Right Mouse button on the desktop).

I'm thinking about remapping my Samsung remote's Guide button from Playlist to Info.

See also: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap for all kinds of keymap stuff.
Info, along with context menu is an important function for remote control of xbmc so it's worth doing the remapping if you can.

For optimum use, you really need 8 buttons available: u,d,l,r, select[enter],back[esc],info[i],context menu[c].

Failing that, you have two options - one simple, one not-so-simple:
1.) Change the setting videos->file lists->default select action from "play" to "show information". That will activate the info screen prior to playback.
2.) Mod the skin to include plot in the listings. Not something I'm keen to do for the 'official' skin, but I can certainly give some pointers.

Note also that an update will go live in the next few days that includes a redesign of the info screen amongst a number of other things.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Agreed. I don't mind Info being under Context Menu.. I have plots hidden anyways Wink

Now we're talking about keymaps: I have the "red" button mapped to go to the home screen (using XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)) except when I am in the home screen, then it switches to full screen. This works well in most skins (Confluence included), except in Maximinimalism.

When in full screen, either for video or for audio, switching to home does nothing... my muscle memory makes it press several times and then I realise this stopped working and I just press back/exit. When I do this, there is some flickering and I end up in a seemingly random video library/music library locate (e.g. Music > Playlists, or Video > TV shows)... is this normal behaviour?
Ah well I don't mind remapping the buttons but it just doesn't seem to work, I tried following xbmc's guide, I tried loading the default remote.xml, I tried naming remote.xml to keymap.xml, I tried putting them in both system/keymaps as the keymaps dir in userdata, I tried throwing in a little script someone wrote for his/her samsung tv from a Raspberry Pi/RaspBMC specific forum, didn't do anything either. End of it all there is no change whatever I try to add or remove (and yes I'm rebooting, restarting xbmc etc. etc.).

Ok first of all, this is the remote I have, it took me some googling because they all look alike but none of them where actually the same lol
http://www.remote-control-world.eu/rc-fo...rol-p-3647

Now for what it does, it auto maps the following buttons (without making a keymaps file) with CEC:

Arrow up, down, left and right to up down left and right
OK to select (or just OK, whatever you want to call it)
Back to Previous dir or exit video or, well, pretty much just back
stop to stop
play to play (seems to be context menu on selecting a dir)
pauze to pauze
and the fast forward/backward buttons to what they should do.

All of the other buttons give either a "function not available" (0-9 for example) or to an option from my TV (Ratio brings up a menu, sound is just TV sound, Info shows TV channel information).

I have more then enough buttons to work with but, it just doesn't work, like, at all.
Just mapping the context menu and Info would work good enough for me really but I'm in serious need of some help then cuz lol, i'm fresh out of ideas.
You are better off in the general forum for questions regarding remapping.
It´s actually quite easy, however you can always make it even easier: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...map_Editor
Myeah I tried that already, it doesn't allow me to set any of the buttons, my TV just takes over and gives me invalid errors or just doesn't register any other buttons then the ones I mentioned before (play, stop etc.).

I'll make a topic in the general section and see if anyone can help me but I think i'm just stuck with this.

Small edit: Setting default select to Show Information does help a bit, I couldn't select Context Menu because it wasn't an option but atleast this shows the information I want and my play button still overrules it and instantly plays things so even if I can't get everything to map out properly it's a rough fix that still works so thanks thedeadsman
hello, love your skin, but I have a problem about subtitles .. do not know if something has been said, but when looking for the subtitles, usually their names are long and serach right release in the list is complicated because is necessary wait the name sliding until the end

My suggestion is to make a list and not side to side as it currently is, it would be great!
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20