• 37(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
Ok, scratch that last remark about the empty list with the single black thumbnail.. for some reason all my movies had been marked as watched (weird! and.. again?!).
Hi,
i am using openelec on my rpi and maximinimalism. You mentioned that since 1.0.6 the artist slideshow plugin is supported for the music visualisation. But how can i activate it as a visualisation? Maybe it isnt an option in your skin but in the slideshow plugin, but i havent found a way to get it working. I choose no visualisation because i cannot choose the slideshow as a visualisation (maybe thats the problem, i dont know). So i have only a black screen when using the fullscreen player.

Maybe someone can give me an advice what to do.

tia
Hi coreee777,

The artist slideshow should just work - you can't select it as a visualisation.

I suspect it's the plugin that is at fault. Can you get it to work with any other skin?

Helix compatible versions of Maximinimalism are now available on Github. All future work will now be for Helix.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Would it be possible to add a purple version? I LOVE your skin but the lady finds it too gritty/dark.. If it could be a purple or dark blue edition would be great.
@zilexa: Hmm. Possibly. Could you suggest a shade of purple / dark blue to work with?
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
how about the new Kodi logo colour?
Hello Smile I'm not moved to visit a forum to compliment someone very often, lol. It's true, usually I come to a forum out of desperation. However, I'm here now because I'm really, really impressed.

Whoever designed the UI for the maximinimalist skin is very, very talented. So clean... so functional. I love it. Well done, the author GETS IT!

Thanks,
Melanie

edit: Also, I really thought it was silly to keep videos, movies, tv shows and live tv separate. You solved that problem and made it as it should be. It's all something to watch. So clean! So intuitive! So ELEGANT!
Wow. Thanks Melanie!
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-11-15, 16:08)zilexa Wrote: Would it be possible to add a purple version? I LOVE your skin but the lady finds it too gritty/dark.. If it could be a purple or dark blue edition would be great.

I would love to see some different theme options with this wonderful skin. The default theme is nice but it is on the dark side.
OK. I've had a quick play and setting up easy colour theming looks like it might work. It'll take a while to complete, but i'm on it.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-11-28, 21:42)thedeadman Wrote: OK. I've had a quick play and setting up easy colour theming looks like it might work. It'll take a while to complete, but i'm on it.

Awesome!!!
Is there a way to turn off scrolling on the home screen? I am finding the scrolling when playing music is pushing my raspberry pi too hard Sad

Otherwise I love this skin
Hey thedeadman,

at first I want to congratulate you on your great taste for artistic style and your
unique interpretation of how media should be organized (joining movies and TV shows) !

Maximinimalism is by far the best/ my favourite (and I've tested all ^^) skin in terms of visual appeal,
lightweight performance and logic behind media sorting.

And its absolutely AWESOME that you've included native RCB support, even though (imho) it's a little slow and laggy yet.

As it's almost the perfect fit for me, I'd like to ask you about some tiny "rough edges" and if they can/may
be fixed in a future revision:

- even though I select "weather" as startup windows in the kodi/xbmc settings, your skin always lands on the default page

- does your skin automatically pull the weather info at launch ? it seems to me that it only loads the weather info after I've
manually switched to the weather window by pressing down on the home screen

- will there be an alternative view option for the media files (e.g.poster view) instead of the unchangeable list-view in the future?
or would this cost some of the much beloved speediness of this skin ?
Love the layout and functionality.

I customised the menu to suit my needs (hiding favorites and moving Latest Items so it was last in the order) but the one thing I think would improve the PVR component is the ability to see the EPG while you're watching a channel and the ability to channel up/down. The overlay that comes up with watching TV is great, nice and clear, just missing those two things in my opinion.

Keep up the great work - this is now my skin on all devices :-)
Quote:Is there a way to turn off scrolling on the home screen? I am finding the scrolling when playing music is pushing my raspberry pi too hard

Not at present, but i'm looking into it. I'm looking to add an 'ultra low power mode' option for Pi users in the near future.

Quote:Even though I select "weather" as startup windows in the kodi/xbmc settings, your skin always lands on the default page.

Hmm. There are a few options in Kodi's settings that my skin won't honour i'm afraid. I'll look into this for you.

Quote:does your skin automatically pull the weather info at launch ? it seems to me that it only loads the weather info after I've manually switched to the weather window by pressing down on the home screen.

To be honest, the weather handling has not been right since the Weather Underground plugin started acting up a few months ago. For a while I put it down to Helix beta build oddness but it now looks like I need to take a closer look. Leave it with me.

Quote:will there be an alternative view option for the media files (e.g.poster view) instead of the unchangeable list-view in the future?

Ordinarily i'd say no. However, for some things like a person's movie collection, i'm increasingly of the opinion that a bit more viewtype prettyness wouldn't go amiss. It is however extremely unlikely that I will ever add a range of viewtypes that users can choose from - the skin just doesn't work that way.

Quote:I think would improve the PVR component is the ability to see the EPG while you're watching a channel and the ability to channel up/down. The overlay that comes up with watching TV is great, nice and clear, just missing those two things in my opinion.

I don't disagree. Improving PVR is something i'm looking at now.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20