• 6(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
Skin looks great and as a few people have said runs great on my pi. Just wondering if there is an easy way to download all fanart to folders as I use ember to manage all my library on another computer so everything is in its own folder for each movie.

Thanks
Hi Soupboy,

I use Ronie's Artwork Organiser addon for this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304

The only issue is that (unless i'm mistaken), the addon needs to be rerun periodically to capture new fanart as items are added to your library.
Update V0.5.0 now available from GIT. Skin dev repo update to follow.

Changelog:

- Photo library: basic / limited functionality implemented. Accessed from the homescreen.
- Improvements to file browser and select dialogs (particularly for artwork selection and download)
- Bug fixed: Music addons view. Selection of some music addons from shortcuts remains unfixed.
- Various skin wide tweaks and misc. improvements.
- music addons still not available
- what happend with the programs addon symbol? you've replaced it with photo section. Now I can't use my programs.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
- music addons still not available
Can you be more specific? A specific addon or all of them? How are you attempting to access these addons? Note that there is a known issue when running music addons from a user-defined shortcut.

- what happend with the programs addon symbol? you've replaced it with photo section. Now I can't use my programs.
Note that the 'programs' addon symbol was only ever a placeholder (see earlier post). It was originally intended for games, and will return if and when the retroplayer branch is completed.

You can still access programs via the side menu of the videos section. In future, I will add this access route to music, pvr and pictures also.
(2013-10-07, 20:16)thedeadman Wrote: Can you be more specific? A specific addon or all of them? How are you attempting to access these addons? Note that there is a known issue when running music addons from a user-defined shortcut.

Note that the 'programs' addon symbol was only ever a placeholder (see earlier post). It was originally intended for games, and will return if and when the retroplayer branch is completed.

You can still access programs via the side menu of the videos section. In future, I will add this access route to music, pvr and pictures also.
- all of them, I get the "artists and albums" window on all addons, playlists and files.

- ah ok, I don't use the photo section Smile your're right, there is still the good old sidebar.
// GitHub // Repository

Great update - the Foto section is looking good!

(2013-10-02, 11:14)moneymaker Wrote: Can't access the music addons, files n playlists.

I still can't browse Music through the directory structure (i.e. from the FILES menu) - is that deliberate? because that would be a real shame...

Cheers!
@moneymaker, @bozzza,

Thanks, that screenshot is really useful. Assumption as usual is the mother of all f£%k ups - It seem non-library use cases are handled differently in music than in videos. Removing my music library replicates the problems you both report.

I'll get this patched ASAP.

Cheers!
Thanks!

Just to clarify: I do have a music library - however, some time i want to play some files which are not 'indexed'. For this I normally use the file menu to browse through my directory structure and select the files manually.
Sure - will make sure it works for both scenarios :-)
Just a knowledge for myself. I want to play with custom backgrounds, because with a background image/color change it's possible to see all the fade effects Wink Just my own customization ...

But you have not got written any shortcuts, but always assigned to black.png. That would mean a lot of work to install Background Changer (Am I right?). So I decided to take the line of least resistance and replaced the image. But in programs section the background remains black. Never mind.

ImageImage
// GitHub // Repository

Hi Moneymaker,

Hmm. Replacing the background image quickly across the whole skin will be tricky at this point. Replacing 'black.png' might work, but I wouldn't advise it!

In future revisions, I may add the option to set a skin-wide custom background. I'll add it to the list :-)
Awesome work with the skin tdm! using it as my main htpc skin Smile

one question, how can i change the views for "addons" to thumbnail?
Hi Levijay - really glad you like it!

Viewtypes are fixed in maximinimalism, so changing the addons view to thumbnails cannot be achieved without changing the skins code i'm afraid.

An earlier iteration did have the addons as thumbnails, but at the time I couldn't quite get it to look right... Leave it with me, I'll have another go at it.
Thanks tdm,

It would be nice to have access to user-selected view options even though you said it wouldnt have them in the OP Smile

Also, are there any plans to have notifications, so when I return to the home screen it shows the current song/video ?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20