• 4(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
How frustrating. I don't see anything fatal in that log, but given you're not having problems with other skins it is possible that the problem is down to missing dialogs. I'll have to check them off and make sure everything that needs to be there is present.

...That and I need no further excuse to get a Rasberry Pi :-)
Yeah, get a Pi, a lot of fun. Smile
Have compared some things with Confluence to see if I can spot something in xml´s that should load early in the start up process but could not fix it. I do not know XBMC skinning though so I really don´t kow hat to look for.

However, I spotted this in startup.xml:
?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

The questionmark before the xml string shouldn´t be there, probably doens´t matter though.

Going out now, but will investigate more tomorrow.

Cheers Smile
Feedback/Issues (ATV2, OSX):

# Infobar: Button Aspect/Subtitels are not working. The infobar disappears.

# How can I remove shortcuts in the sidebar? I can't find the xml file ... Since I've updated your skin my old shortcut is now invisible (font) and not working. So now there is an black empty space between the menu titles.

# The program addons aren't showing I'm getting an empty black screen.

# A black fader screen during the "busy.png" process would be nice Smile
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
# The program addons aren't showing I'm getting an empty black screen.
Fixed. Well spotted. GIT updated.

# Infobar: Button Aspect/Subtitels are not working. The infobar disappears.
Subtitles not yet implemented. Aspect ratio should work but clearly doesn't. Will investigate. May have to remove aspect ratio button from that dialog..

# How can I remove shortcuts in the sidebar?
This will happen for this update but hopefully not for future ones - I have had to amend how names are displayed to allow for playlists.
To remove a shortcut: Access side menu. Note 'x' symbols adjacent to each menu item. Cycle down through the main menu until you reach the one you want to remove.

#black fader
Tried it a while back and ended up removing it. Inconsistencies in the speed at which playback occurs between local and externally hosted content (and especially failures on the part of the latter) make it rapidly quite annoying.
Issue (ATV, OSX):

# Program AddOns: No listings for HubWizard (xbmchub.com addon), again empty black screen.

# remove shortcut (atv): I can't reach them with a remote.

Smile
// GitHub // Repository

# remove shortcut (atv): I can't reach them with a remote.
Can you reach 'program addons' (under 'add source') on the side menu? If so, does pushing down highlight the first 'x' adjacent to the shortcut list?

# Program AddOns: No listings for HubWizard (xbmchub.com addon), again empty black screen.
I'll have to look at this addon in more detail. I see the problem but might not be able to fix this right away.

As a general note, the administrative side of this particular skin is far from complete (file managers, source additions etc). You will need to switch back to Confluence to perform certain actions. I appreciate this can be frustrating!
First off, I don't understand why there aren't more skins like this one. Good job!

I have the following problem: whenever I'm playing something and I try to go back to the home screen, the playback stops. It happens with both audio and video media files. I'm running the latest version of xbmcbuntu. Any ideas?

Thanks!
@lonjemoco

Cheers, glad you like it :-)

It's a deliberate design feature that playback is stopped on return to the menus.
(2013-08-25, 14:02)thedeadman Wrote: Can you reach 'program addons' (under 'add source') on the side menu? If so, does pushing down highlight the first 'x' adjacent to the shortcut list?
So easy! Thanks.

(2013-08-25, 14:02)thedeadman Wrote: As a general note, the administrative side of this particular skin is far from complete (file managers, source additions etc). You will need to switch back to Confluence to perform certain actions. I appreciate this can be frustrating!
It's still a WIP skin, that's why I'm testing it, post issues - to help you.

I really like this skin.
// GitHub // Repository

(2013-08-19, 22:19)miappa Wrote: I think you got it right, when I bring up on screen display (with i/info) when watching a video I cannot choose anything such as video/audio and subtitles. All buttons still reacts to the playback.

This issue was automatically fixed when using menu instead of info. Smile
Subtitle script was also fixed.
@moneymaker: I very much appreciate your comments and help - it will make for a better overall product.
@miappa: Good to hear!
I have to correct one issue:

# The aspect button is working great on osx, but still not on the atv2. Don't remove that button please, it's sometimes really nice to have this fast option
// GitHub // Repository

I believe that the problems I have on Pi has something to do with encoding and/or line endings.
If I change Startup.xml I am able to get it running, this even if I change it back. But it behaves weird.
Same thing if I change anything in home.xml, even if I change it back weird stuff happens.

I don´t know Git, but have you looked at this: https://help.github.com/articles/dealing...ne-endings ?
Edit: more info here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Git_Usage#Line_Endings
@moneymaker - I agree. I won't remove it unless I absolutely have to!
@miappa. Intriguing - I'll have a look at this.
Any plans for LiveTV with PVR Support?

It's working. The Connection was interrupted. So now I'm testing the LiveTV section. The preview window is missing, so when a channel is starting only the audio track is available till not the center button is holding. Any chance for a preview window or a direct start?
// GitHub // Repository

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20