• 25(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
@thedeadman - 3D is something that working, there is only one strange thing with fakes 3D mark on some movies.

My second question is that there is any chance to make Your skin plexbmc addon compatible, like Amber is?
(2014-05-28, 15:11)thedeadman Wrote: @Mozillion
Thanks - I'll look into the hide watched function and see if I can't improve how the skin handles it. On the matter of adding favourites as a menu item... Not a trivial process and it's unlikely I can just port the code from Quartz. I'll see what I can do. Comments here or Github are both fine by me - whichever suits you.

Cheers. I hadn't realized that Quartz uses the xbmc.favourites addon for this (probably).
I really love the skin but use my XBMC mainly for TV and some Music. Therefore I've added a "TV-Only" setting that changes the available shortcuts on the home screen. I've also added a symbol to show which recorded tv shows (through live tv) I've seen and which I started but didn't finished. The changes are rather simple in Home.xml, SkinSettings.xml and ViewsPVR.xml. Are you interested in putting them into your skin? I'd be happy to send them
(2014-05-31, 10:42)tnfenster Wrote: I really love the skin but use my XBMC mainly for TV and some Music. Therefore I've added a "TV-Only" setting that changes the available shortcuts on the home screen. I've also added a symbol to show which recorded tv shows (through live tv) I've seen and which I started but didn't finished. The changes are rather simple in Home.xml, SkinSettings.xml and ViewsPVR.xml. Are you interested in putting them into your skin? I'd be happy to send them

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be interested. The one thing that constantly trips me up is the jumbling of Movies and TV Shows together. It'd be nice to have some separation there.

Also, I recently got updated to the latest version from the repository, and the skin still trips over itself a bit when the library is updating. All navigation is blocked until the update is complete, despite the notification for the update just being located up in the corner. And I still need to switch to another skin to update artwork.

Even with those limitations, though, it's a great skin. Thoroughly enjoying it so far.
I think I found another bug in the skin. When adding playlists as shortcut in the main music menu, the file fails to play when selected. It does not seem to be a problem with the .m3u file itself, since I can play it from the filebrowser in XBMC without a problem.

How to reproduce it: Go to 'Music' on the main menu, press left to bring up the side menu. Select 'shortcuts' and add a .m3u playlist and give it some name when prompted. Try then to select the new shortcut from the main music menu. It fails to play after a small amount of time and no error message is displayed.

Logfile from xbmc.log:

Code:
10:45:26 T:140551178913600   DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0x0b) pressed, action is Select
10:45:26 T:140551178913600   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10502
10:45:26 T:140551178913600   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyMusicNav.xml) ------
10:45:26 T:140551178913600   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyMusicNav.xml) ------
10:45:26 T:140551178913600   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (/storage/downloads/nrkp3.m3u)
10:45:26 T:140551178913600   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [/storage/downloads/nrkp3.m3u/]
10:45:26 T:140551178913600   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/downloads/nrkp3.m3u
10:45:26 T:140551178913600   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(/storage/downloads/nrkp3.m3u) failed
10:45:27 T:140551178913600   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
10:45:27 T:140551178913600   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [/storage/downloads/nrkp3.m3u/]
10:45:27 T:140550885431040  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
10:45:27 T:140550885431040   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 140550885431040 terminating

I am very much enjoying v1.0.3. Keep up the good work, @thedeadman!
Hi,

Great job, I really love the skin!

Just two little questions:

- How can I see my PVR recordings? I'm using TVHeadend.
- Is it possible to view the video when tweaking the subtitles? So when adding or removing some seconds to get them in sync with the video and audio?

Thanks!
Laurens
Hi,
this skin is best, works great on my Android box Xtreamer sidewinder4
only miss these things:
- dialog with resume unfinished movies with specific time (seems isn't working)
- timeline in movie (cant click on timeline for faster navigation) rewind is slow, faster is click on timeline like in Confluence theme...

is posible to add click and drag function for scrolling in list items (never seen in any xmbc theme) but it would be really usefull

Thanks Smile
@tnfenster: Sure - i'd be happy to look over your changes and might well include some of them in the next update. If you want to PM me i'll give you an email address (or just post the files online somewhere that I can get to - Dropbox or something).

@gizmotoy: RE: The library update freeze.. I don't think i'm doing anything that other skins are not, so wonder if this is an XBMC related problem. Does it occur in Confluence? As for the artwork downloader support, i'm looking into it and will include it for the next update hopefully.

@solbero: Thanks for the heads up. I have a sneaking suspicion that I know what the problem is. Will test and sort out a fix.

@pixeltofu: PVR recordings should been in the video section menu under 'tv guide'. It will only appear if there are recordings available. PVR timers etc are in the left flyout menu under 'PVR scheduler'. I'm looking into improving subtitles and will see what I can do to make syncing easier.

@Dexxx - Thanks!
Resume should be there (it's an XBMC thing rather than a skin thing. Does it work for you in Confluence?
Regarding click-to-drag.. I don't currently support mouse or touchscreen events at the moment but will be looking at it in the future. I'll add your requests to the list :-)
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
A question regarding one of the strings used in the skin.

In the music and video menu, there is en entry for ‘ALL ADDONS’. However, in the picture menu, this entry is labelled ‘PICTURE ADD-ONS’. This seems inconsistent. Furthermore, calling the entries ‘ALL ADDONS’ seems to me to be semantically incorrect since the entries does not show all the add-ons, but only those add-ons related to the menu in which it the entry appears.

If it is a space issue of the skin, a solution could be to just change the entries in the menus to ‘ADD-ONS’? Otherwise, naming them ‘VIDEO ADDONS’ and ‘MUSIC ADDONS’ gives a better picture of what the entries in the video and picture menus do.
(2014-06-02, 16:05)thedeadman Wrote: @gizmotoy: RE: The library update freeze.. I don't think i'm doing anything that other skins are not, so wonder if this is an XBMC related problem. Does it occur in Confluence? As for the artwork downloader support, i'm looking into it and will include it for the next update hopefully.

Do you have the "Clean library after scan" option enabled? I believe that is the part of the process that's causing the issue. I just checked and both Aeon Nox 5 and Confluence work as expected, but this may be the issue: They both pop up a modal box during the clean operation with a "Cancel" button. You can either wait for the clean to complete, or cancel the operation.

However, on Maximinimalism, the Clean operation simply presents the usual notification banner in the corner and not a modal box. So perhaps XBMC is preventing navigation because it thinks there's a modal box presented on the UI, and since Maximinimalism displays the box as a banner there's no way to click Cancel, and thus the UI "locks up" until the operation complete? Just a theory.

Regarding the artwork downloader, that's great! Being able to download art for a single movie again would be really excellent indeed.
(2014-06-02, 16:05)thedeadman Wrote: @Dexxx - Thanks!
Resume should be there (it's an XBMC thing rather than a skin thing. Does it work for you in Confluence?
Regarding click-to-drag.. I don't currently support mouse or touchscreen events at the moment but will be looking at it in the future. I'll add your requests to the list :-)

Sorry resume works fine :-)

Noticed that when i open white left panel (using mouse cursor) panelis somehow flickering (i guess because links buttons on left side are to close to panel.
Cant wait for mouse support. Thanks...
I'm a newbie to XBMC, spent a lot of time going through skins and have to say that yours is by far the best for me. I absolutely love it!

Feature requests for your next version:
* A contrast setting for selected vs not-selected menu items. I find the current level is not sufficient for my eyes (especially the settings screen) and I need to ramp it up a bit.
* Colour selection for menu items
* Ability to change the vertical position of the play progress bar that appears when you pause. Reason: I use xmbctorrent, and its download progress bar also appears in the middle (and is covered by Maximinimalism's progress bar). I suggest user configurable because I'm guessing that moving it could just cover up something else from some other add-on.

Again thank you for your good work!
Log Off User does not work using this skin.
(2014-06-03, 03:14)gizmotoy Wrote: However, on Maximinimalism, the Clean operation simply presents the usual notification banner in the corner and not a modal box. So perhaps XBMC is preventing navigation because it thinks there's a modal box presented on the UI, and since Maximinimalism displays the box as a banner there's no way to click Cancel, and thus the UI "locks up" until the operation complete? Just a theory.

I just ran into a very similar problem. I ran the trakt service manually, and for some reason it is hanging at synchronizing tv episodes 28%.
It doesn't seem that I can move in the interface until the addon is finished with whatever it's doing (and it's even a service!).
(2014-06-02, 16:05)thedeadman Wrote: @tnfenster: Sure - i'd be happy to look over your changes and might well include some of them in the next update. If you want to PM me i'll give you an email address (or just post the files online somewhere that I can get to - Dropbox or something).
Can you work with diffs or do you need the complete package?
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20