• 36(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
Thanks for this wonderful skin!

Two questions/suggestions:
- Is it possible to remove the "photo-count overlay" when watching pictures (I mean the grey half-transparent bar with the number of the photo)?
- Could you add the possibility to jump forward/backward in a video? At the moment you can scroll through the video, but not jump to the position you want by clicking on the timeline.

Cheers
... ah, and another one: Sometimes I find it useful to have a Home-button on the pages to jump to the home screen. Do you think it would be possible to add this?

Cheers
Hi Fraenzken,

Quote:Is it possible to remove the "photo-count overlay" when watching pictures?

Yes, but you'll need to do this yourself. Edit file 1080i/slideshow.xml, replacing:
Code:
<!--picture info-->
        <control type="group">
            <posx>col-5-begin</posx>
            <posy>row-17-begin</posy>
            <!--background-->

with:

Code:
<!--picture info-->
        <control type="group">
            <visible>false</visible>
            <posx>col-5-begin</posx>
            <!--background-->

Quote:Could you add the possibility to jump forward/backward in a video?
The skin isn't really set up for touchscreen use, so i'm a bit reluctant to add this if i'm honest. I might revisit it when I upgrade the skin for Helix however.

Quote:Sometimes I find it useful to have a Home-button on the pages to jump to the home screen. Do you think it would be possible to add this?
Again, this is something that only really affects touch screen users, so i'm reluctant to add it unless there's a huge demand for it.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
thedeadman, this an absolute beauty in functionality.
Really love the way you minimize and toned it down to show how real functionality should work.
My favorite skin for sure, the only thing I miss after upgrading to Kodi alpha 4 from 13.2.
@TBCdevil, @swaggerwocky,

Cheers both. A Helix version is in the works. Shouldn't be too long now.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
I updated my version today , but look for subtitles returns nothing to me , nothing happens ... it would not be good to put something that indicates the searching
Agreed on the search progress.. I sometimes feel I'm just clicking around and hoping it's doing something.
The same holds for the YouTube add-on, I click something, is it doing something? doesn't seem so.. click again, etc. and before you know it you play some random video Tongue
@S0lem: More detail please - upgraded XBMC or Maximinimalism? Where are you looking for subtitles? Is a subtitle addon installed?

@Mozillion: Feedback and user notification is something that XBMC in general could improve - the devs talk about it in the read-only threads. I'll always do what I can to get the most out of what's available, but there's only so much I have the power to do as a skinner! That said, i've noticed the busy spinner isn't behaving properly on addons like youtube so i'll have another look at that soon.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-09-10, 21:22)thedeadman Wrote: @picaresqu3: I've got a feeling I know what's going on with your posters. Problem is that fixing it for one type of content has a nasty tendency to break it for another. I've got a plan though, so leave it with me!

Please don't forget me Big Grin
@thedeadman Yeah, I figured, no worries... I just wondered if some kind of "activation" animation was missing.

@thedeadman about the subs, there are sub addons that are very slow, there are addons with errors that are kind of delays... I never know if it is just still looking, hasn't found anything or if there are none... if there are errors they are displayed (eventually)
(2014-10-10, 13:37)thedeadman Wrote: Hi Fraenzken,

Quote:Is it possible to remove the "photo-count overlay" when watching pictures?

Yes, but you'll need to do this yourself. Edit file 1080i/slideshow.xml, replacing:
Code:
<!--picture info-->
        <control type="group">
            <posx>col-5-begin</posx>
            <!--background-->

with:

Code:
<!--picture info-->
        <control type="group">
            <visible>false</visible>
            <posx>col-5-begin</posx>
            <!--background-->

Thanks a lot (and sorry for getting back to you so late)!
Hi, thedeadman, and first of all -- thanks for such a beautiful minimalistic skin!

Few questions:
  1. Is absence of cover/cd art in music player intentional or it will be added in future releases?
  2. Is there a way to add 'Party mode' as an menu item in top level 'Music' menu?
  3. Is there a way to set slideshow as 'global background'? I've tried to set directory as 'global background' -- it did not work.
And also few possible bugs:
  1. Music player do not close after 'stop' command from remote or phone XMBC app, only if 'stop' command given from player OSD;
  2. Music player 'back' command always returns to 'Music', even if player was shown from 'Home' or some other screen. Example: 'Music' ->'Party mode' -> 'back' till 'Home' -> 'back' to show music player. One more 'back' press will return to 'Music', not 'Home' screen.
  3. 'Favourites' not always work as expected too: Set some TV Show as favourite, then select movies list in 'Movie' screen, then go back to 'Home' -> 'Favourites', select this TV Show and sometimes you will be redirected to movies list, not selected show.
I'm using Gotham 13.2 on xbmcbuntu.
A friend of mine noticed that the tv show posters are slightly too wide, that or they don't retain the aspect ratio of the poster.
When looking at the poster of Planet Earth or something that should be a circle, it is definitely looks squished a bit.
Also, I added a movie (Edge of Tomorrow) and now is the movies row of "Latest" empty, except for a single black thumbnail with no text.
No error message in xbmc.log and it happens on all XBMC instances connected to my media library. Sad
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20