Show information is not working
I am new to xbmc but like the interface as its very close to the boxee box ive used for years.
I buitl a dedicated HTPC for my media room but first tried xbmc out on a laptop.
My setup is movies stored on a NAS which are streamed via ethernet to the media room.
I like the interface of the confluence skin that 12.2 comes up wirh when set to thumbnail and it shows all of the movies from new to old. My problem is that when i select a thumbnail instead of the movie information, plot, cast etc, it just starts playing the movie on the htpc. On the laptop it doesnt do this, when i select the thumbnail the movie info slides over and you then can decide if you want to play it or not.
I have video/filelist/default action set to show information on both computers. I tried to go through settings on both computers and make them the same but still no luck.
If i select i on the laptop movie information comes up, on the htpc nothing, if i select c on the laptop movie information if an option on the htpc it is not.
Both computers are running windows 8 pro and frodo 12.2
Any help in getting the plot information qould be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

On your HTPC: Did you scan your movies into the video library?
(2013-08-08, 18:24)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

On your HTPC: Did you scan your movies into the video library?

To be honest im not sure what i did.
I think i just selected video/files/add and then entered the network address to where the movies are stored on the nas. I used the default scraper that came up movie something.org
All of the thumbnails come up. If i set the view to fanart it shows the plot above the posters but in thumbnail view nothing. When i select the thumbnail with either the mouse or the keyboard it just starts playing.
Also, i noticed the movie doesnt resume to where it left off or give you the choice on the htpc but it does on the laptop.
I have 12.2 installed on a windows 8 htpc that im trying to use to steam movies from a nas connected by ethernet.
My problem is that when i add the location of the movies and scan all the files to add the thumbnail cover art it wont show the plot information. I have video/file list/default action set to show information but when i select a thumbnail in thumbnail view it goes straight to playing the movie. On another computer connected to the same nas it pulls up the plot, cast, trailer etc. i cannot find a setting thats different so at the moment im stumped.
(2013-08-08, 18:43)Vifa84 Wrote: If i set the view to fanart it shows the plot above the posters but in thumbnail view nothing.
That is by design. Thumbnails view only shows the movie thumbnail with the movie name below. If you want to see plot or other metadata, select a different view, such as Posters or one of the Media info options.

On your HTPC:
  1. Do you see a MOVIES option on the main menu? If the answer is yes, when you select MOVIES and then click on a movie, what does it do?
  2. When you scroll to the VIDEOS option on the main menu, do you see a "Library" option listed below it (along with "Files" and "Add-ons")? If the answer is yes, when you select VIDEOS/Library and then click on a movie, what does it do?
  3. Change to this setting: SYSTEM/Settings > Video > File lists > Default select action > Choose. When you click on a movie, do you get a pop-up menu with these options: "Play", "Show Information" and "More..."? If the answer is yes, what happens when you click on "Show Information" on the pop-up menu for the movie?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show information is not working0