Consilium B: XBMC remote for Kids (unofficial remote)
A very easy to use remote control for XBMC. Perfect for kids!
Just enable the movies your kids are allowed to see and let them decide which movie they would like to see.

To ensure no modifications can be made, the menu can be passcode-protected.

Get it here:
Consilium B: XBMC remote for Kids

If you have any suggestions, please leave a message!

Features:

*** Easy to use ***
Great looking overview in which only movies are displayed when enabled. Choose the movie and press play. It's very easy to setup.

*** Passcode ***
When you want your kids not to make any changes, just put a passcode on the menu.

*** Movies ***
To limit choice, only movies are displayed.

*** Fan art ***
Customize your XBMC with fan art, provided by themoviedb.org.

*** Help ***
Within the App help is available on most important topics.

*** XBMC versions supported ***
XBMC version 11 (Eden) and 12 (Frodo) are supported.

Here are some screenshots:

Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Great idea, was looking for something like this for a while.

One suggestion is maybe look at some other kids apps and make the UI more for kids, funky big buttons, colours, etc

Well done!
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
(2013-08-09, 00:44)Ilia Wrote: Great idea, was looking for something like this for a while.

One suggestion is maybe look at some other kids apps and make the UI more for kids, funky big buttons, colours, etc

Well done!

Thanks!

I am still looking for a great designer who can make those buttons, so I can add them in an update.
Hi, I just have bought this app for kids and the normal one.
What I find a problem for kids is, that it just can press play button.
But then they have to select the language and mostly press the startbutton "play movie"
I.e. it works fine with only the main film and in the correct language.
Is there another way around it, except using the remote control option and then the have the comple video library
Hi!

I removed the option to select a different audio- and subtitle track on purpose, so that kids are not messing around with it.
You can configure xbmc to play certain audio tracks by default, or remove the audio track from the source.
Another option is of course add the functionality in the App.

(2013-10-16, 19:20)Rijn Wrote: Hi, I just have bought this app for kids and the normal one.
What I find a problem for kids is, that it just can press play button.
But then they have to select the language and mostly press the startbutton "play movie"
I.e. it works fine with only the main film and in the correct language.
Is there another way around it, except using the remote control option and then the have the comple video library
Hi,

I bought your app yesterday and it's not working for me.
Doesn't connect with host on 8080 ( to get through web browser on port 8080 is not a problem)

With XBMC everything is ok because i can use other software on my ipad without any problem ( e.g. XBMC Touch https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xbmc-tou...82496?mt=8 works more than fine).

Please help to solve it.
Hi,

Which version of xbmc are you using?
Have you followed the help in the App to setup your connection?

(2013-10-29, 10:34)mixer4all Wrote: Hi,

I bought your app yesterday and it's not working for me.
Doesn't connect with host on 8080 ( to get through web browser on port 8080 is not a problem)

With XBMC everything is ok because i can use other software on my ipad without any problem ( e.g. XBMC Touch https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xbmc-tou...82496?mt=8 works more than fine).

Please help to solve it.
Hi,

Yes i did as it was in help moreover i putted even MAC address of the Xbmc host and still the light is red.

Off course everything in the same network etc..

What i find strange for me that i can be using XBMC Touch on 8080 port and your app doesn't want to connect.

I have XBMC XAF Custom Build 12 running on AMLogic 8726 M3 chip.
The MAC adress is used for the wake on lan feature. I can think of two options right now:
Maybe it's the missing username/password or the response of that xbmc version is not what the app expects.
The light responds to a certain answer from xbmc. It could be that it's somewhat different.
Usually the other calls are working.
I have tested it with xbmc versions 11 and 12 and not any custom builds.

(2013-10-29, 11:14)mixer4all Wrote: Hi,

Yes i did as it was in help moreover i putted even MAC address of the Xbmc host and still the light is red.

Off course everything in the same network etc..

What i find strange for me that i can be using XBMC Touch on 8080 port and your app doesn't want to connect.

I have XBMC XAF Custom Build 12 running on AMLogic 8726 M3 chip.
What about iOS 7.0.3 - could this be a problem for app?
The app looks like it would be perfect for my needs, but it crashes every single time it's launched (after approximately 30 seconds). It appears to still be loading movie posters and fanart. I have tried power-cycling my iPad mini and have launched and enjoyed the repeated crashing 20x. I have 1100 titles in my library. Thoughts or suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Consilium B: XBMC remote for Kids (unofficial remote)0