Problems manually editing movie genre information
Information 
Hi all,

I scraped movie info using Universal Movie scraper (I would normally use IMDB) but it seems broken.

The srcaper found the movie but it has no genre information at all. (sad face)

So, if I browse in xbmc to MOVIE LIBRARY > GENRES, there is a blank entry at before the rest of the genres.. ie, animation etc.. etc..

--- A quick google later and I was using XWMM to add the genre metadata. Clicked SAVE, selected another movie in the list, returned to movie in question, and genre info has not been saved.

--is the movie database read-only or something?

--- Googling more, I looked for any <movie>.nfo files xbmc may or may not have generated (hoping I could edit the info manually), but I found none.

So, the movie info seems stubborn, and won't accept my edits.

I don't really want to start using ember media manager if I can help it. (nothing against it, I know it's good, I used to use it), but I'm keeping my XBMC machine as light as possible.

any help appreciated, regards,
Pants.
I think Genre editing is one of the things broken on XWMM for XBMC v12.

Go to XBMC -> Settings -> Videos -> Library -> Export -> Single file

That will generate NFO files using the data you have so far.

Then take a look at our NFO file (wiki) pages to see how to add them in. Or maybe check out one of the media managers listed under Supplemental tools (wiki).

I'm not sure why genres didn't scrape, though. That's odd. Universal Scraper has a lot of nice powerful options under settings, so I would check those and see maybe if something was set wrong, or maybe there's an alternative setting for where it gathers genre info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems manually editing movie genre information0