Changes to xbmcvfs.exists?
Have there been any changes to VFSExists for Gotham...? I have some simple code and it's working on Alpha6 on my Windows boxes but a user in linux is reporting an issue. Code is really simply, and there are slashes at the end of the paths as I believe is required.

Basically it is this:
Code:
#strings to store the paths we will use
        RADAR_BACKGROUNDS_PATH = xbmc.translatePath("special://profile/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds/" + radarCode + "/");
        LOOP_IMAGES_PATH = xbmc.translatePath("special://profile/addon_data/weather.ozweather/currentloop/" + radarCode + "/");

#we need make the directories to store stuff if they don't exist
    if not xbmcvfs.exists( RADAR_BACKGROUNDS_PATH ):
        os.makedirs( RADAR_BACKGROUNDS_PATH )
    if not xbmcvfs.exists( LOOP_IMAGES_PATH ):
        os.makedirs( LOOP_IMAGES_PATH )

Gives an error:

Code:
20:59:58 T:139959354103552 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
Error Contents: (17, 'File exists', '/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/currentloop/IDR021/')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 578, in <module>
forecast(location, radar)
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 167, in forecast
buildImages(radarCode)
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 289, in buildImages
os.makedirs( LOOP_IMAGES_PATH )
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
mkdir(name, mode)
OSError: (17, 'File exists', '/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/currentloop/IDR021/')

...but has een working for years fine on all platforms before this. .exists() is returning false but then the file exists, so it raises en exception. Obiviously I can try in a try/except but I think there might e a bug here?

Anyone else having any issues with Gotham Alpha 6??
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I am pretty sure there are bugs in xbmcvfs.exists

...if I use it, it fails on directories that do exist, but if I substitute os.path.exists, the code works as expected.

If anyone is interested I can give more details but for now I am moving to os.path.exists as it's more reliable.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
The big (and only?) advantage of using "xbmcvfs" in favor of "os" is the possibility of using xbmc special filesystem-paths (plugin://, smb://, ...). I guess this is something you don't need so no need for xbmcvfs in that case.

Anyway, creating a ticket on track would be fine.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2014-01-17, 19:56)sphere Wrote: The big (and only?) advantage of using "xbmcvfs" in favor of "os" is the possibility of using xbmc special filesystem-paths (plugin://, smb://, ...). I guess this is something you don't need so no need for xbmcvfs in that case.

Anyway, creating a ticket on track would be fine.

And smb:// support amongst things that os doesn't support
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK will trak it soon. This is just a straight windows path constructed above it using translatepath()
ATV can't Mount network locations so xbmcvfs is the only way to accomplish writing to network locations on that platform
(2014-01-16, 03:59)bossanova808 Wrote: If anyone is interested I can give more details but for now I am moving to os.path.exists as it's more reliable.

more details please. as usual, a full Debug Log wouldn't hurt. :-)

i've tested the code in your first post and it runs fine on linux.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
hmmm I think it's a known issues with shuti.rmtree returning before it has actually deleted a directory, and then my code trying to make it again...apparenyly a known thing due to async rmtree.

I'll look into it further but it's more like a general python thing I think

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes to xbmcvfs.exists?0