Error on mouse move
Hello, I'm creating just the skeleton of a video Plugin writtein in Python using WindowXML and external XML Files.
All works Ok, I see all the controls placed on the xml file, and I'm also able to trace button codes and action id's.

The main bug is that if I move the mouse the script closes the window because I receive a actionID=107 that in my code is mapped as ACTION_BACK = 107

16:38:59 T:12052 INFO: ***plugin.magellano.tv.channels: onAction(): actionID=107 buttonCode=0

ACTION_BACK = 107 is the same action generate by backspace buttuon on the keyboard, I'm not able to understand why?

The other problem is that the busy dialog (waiting spinner) is activated when the window loads.
I must hide it with xbmc.executebuiltin( "Dialog.Close(busydialog)" ) but I'm not sure this is the correct procedure.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.
Paolo
IPTV/digital signage Software developer

www.mattiolopaolo.com
in3aqk.blogspot.it
(2013-08-09, 16:46)in3aqk Wrote: The other problem is that the busy dialog (waiting spinner) is activated when the window loads.
I must hide it with xbmc.executebuiltin( "Dialog.Close(busydialog)" ) but I'm not sure this is the correct procedure.

Paolo

I guess you created a script-like add-on which uses the pluginsource extension point.

Short summary:
- A plugin provides a virtual file system and is called on every select-action and should exit then after calling endOfDirectory()
- A script runs modal, in most cases it also provides a dedicated GUI.

I guess that you add-on creats its own GUI (script like) but XBMC waits for the endOfDirectory()-call (plugin like).

Change:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="whatever.py">
To:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.script" library="whatever.py">

Please show your addon.xml and script file next time, then we don't need to guess Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks Sphere for the explanation, now it works as expected.

Paolo

(2013-08-11, 12:00)sphere Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 16:46)in3aqk Wrote: The other problem is that the busy dialog (waiting spinner) is activated when the window loads.

Paolo

I guess you created a script-like add-on which uses the pluginsource extension point.

Short summary:
- A plugin provides a virtual file system and is called on every select-action and should exit then after calling endOfDirectory()
- A script runs modal, in most cases it also provides a dedicated GUI.

I guess that you add-on creats its own GUI (script like) but XBMC waits for the endOfDirectory()-call (plugin like).

Change:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="whatever.py">
To:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.script" library="whatever.py">

Please show your addon.xml and script file next time, then we don't need to guess Wink
IPTV/digital signage Software developer

www.mattiolopaolo.com
in3aqk.blogspot.it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error on mouse move0