xbmc lumps several television show epsidoes
I am having problems with xbmc lumping several different television show and all their episodes together. For example, I have frasier, lie to me and naked and afraid - each show properly has their own cover and supporting xml file (I used MCM for scrapper). However, when I click a specific television show - Lie to me for example, - I see episodes from fraiser and naked and afraid in the season folders as well.

I tried to clean the television library - did not work

I removed the television library and added it again - did not work

I looked at xml file for each show - nothing out of ordinary.

Any help to fix this or help me locate the problem would be appreciated.

FYI I have all television shows on one drive and file structure is - show name; season; video files for each episode under season folder

thanks
JDCaduceus
Any help here?
As a last result you could remove the myvideo file in your userdata folder, It will also remove everything relating to your movies, but than you are absolutly sure that everything that XBMC might use, is gone. After that, re-scrape your library once again
You are giving us not enough to work with.

* Make some screenshots and describe the naming of your files and folders.
* Show us the contents of one of the NFo files.
* Describe the way you set up your sources.
* Make a screenshot of the way it is shown in XBMC.

This is not normal, so it must be caused by something which is configured incorrectly. IIf your provide some insight into your file and source structure we can see what you did.
Have you tried moving the MCM produced xml/NFO files out from the directories temporarily then rescanning? it could that MCM is up to date with current XBMC conventions.

To know exactly what is going on we would need a debug log of you scanning the directories into the database from scratch.
I am having this same problem. When adding an SMB network share with tv shows seperated by "Show Name"/Season/Episode file I am getting several shows lumped together in the TV show list. The top entry in the list is a blank entry and when you select it, you see all episodes for many shows in episode order so I have several episode 1 followed by several episode 2, etc in the list. When you scroll through the episodes, it gives you the cover art for the right show but they are not individually placed in their own list/container.

This is happening with about half of the 20 shows I have on my SMB share.

I tried adding each show folder individually and the same result occurred. Renamed all the title folders to see if it was something to do with year/directer/etc in the folder name and that made no difference either.

This is really frustrating, I just want to get to a specific show and it's episodes and it's hell trying to sort it all out.

BTW, I am using xbmc for ouya, this has been happening on several different builds and I originally thought it had to do with my file structure or something similar but I can find nothing wrong in the way I have it all formatted.

Thank you

(2013-12-22, 04:22)ixll Wrote: I am having this same problem. When adding an SMB network share with tv shows seperated by "Show Name"/Season/Episode file I am getting several shows lumped together in the TV show list. The top entry in the list is a blank entry and when you select it, you see all episodes for many shows in episode order so I have several episode 1 followed by several episode 2, etc in the list. When you scroll through the episodes, it gives you the cover art for the right show but they are not individually placed in their own list/container.

This is happening with about half of the 20 shows I have on my SMB share.

I tried adding each show folder individually and the same result occurred. Renamed all the title folders to see if it was something to do with year/directer/etc in the folder name and that made no difference either.

This is really frustrating, I just want to get to a specific show and it's episodes and it's hell trying to sort it all out.

BTW, I am using xbmc for ouya, this has been happening on several different builds and I originally thought it had to do with my file structure or something similar but I can find nothing wrong in the way I have it all formatted.

Thank you

Nevermind, I thought I had tried everything but I thought I would try deleting all tbn xml and nfo files from the folders that mcm created and let xbmc look for it all internally. working fine now by the looks of things.
So mcm creates incorrect files. Great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc lumps several television show epsidoes0