Linux Party Mode for Smart Playlists
Hi

I have several music smart playlists (selecting various artists) that seem to work fine except when I select party mode from the context menu for any of them. The filling glasses progress bar briefly appears and then disappears with no result.

However a very basic playlist (just selecting one genre) works OK in party mode.

Artist playlist example which doesn't work:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="artists">
<name>julie</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="artist" operator="contains">
<value>alanis</value>
</rule>
<value>pink</value>
</rule>
<value>evane</value>
</rule>
<value>coldplay</value>
</rule>
<value>p!nk</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Genre playlist (it works):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="songs">
<name></name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">
<value>Easy Listening</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Here are the points in the log file that I think are relevant:

Successful party mode using the genre based playlist:
17:14:05 T:3037876224 INFO: PARTY MODE MANAGER: Registering filter:[(( EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM song_genre, genre WHERE song_genre.idSong = songview.idSong AND song_genre.idGenre = genre.idGenre AND genre.strGenre LIKE 'Easy Listening')))]
17:14:06 T:3037876224 INFO: PARTY MODE MANAGER: Matching songs = 36, History size = 0
17:14:06 T:3037876224 INFO: PARTY MODE MANAGER: Party mode enabled!

Unsuccessful party mode using the artist based playlist:
17:14:26 T:3037876224 INFO: PARTY MODE MANAGER: Matching songs = 0, History size = 0
17:14:26 T:3037876224 INFO: PARTY MODE MANAGER: Party mode enabled!

Can anyone point me to the "rules" of what will or won't work in party mode.

Running Kodi V14

TIA
Full debug log (wiki) - put it on pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com. Don't snip it, what you think is relevant isn't usually sufficient for a developer.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi

Here is the full log file:

http://pastebin.com/6bCBGztg

Thanks for your help
Hi

Any thoughts on this one yet?

TIA
Well, I'm not really that familiar with smartplaylists (last time I created one was about 2 years ago), and even less so with "party mode", so perhaps listing the steps to reproduce would help, such as how you have created one of your smart playlists and then perhaps others might be able to reproduce this problem.

I had a quick look at your log and don't see any obvious errors, but as I'm not familiar with party mode I have no idea if it's behaving correctly or not.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Party Mode for Smart Playlists0