• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
@ktjensen, I assume you mean RASPBMC is a linux based version of XBMC.

rasp pi is a computer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-12, 08:29)ktjensen Wrote: Others. - rasp pi is a Linux based version of XBMC. Designed for XBMC only. You will have limited or no way to launch external applications on that platform.

Actually, the issue with this plugin on Raspberry Pi is not that it's running Linux or designed for XBMC only (I use this plugin just fine on Xubuntu and I believe that it also works on OLEC), it's that the Raspberry Pi uses an ARM based processor, and there is no version of Chrome for the ARM Linux. (The Android version of Chrome is technically on Linux, but it's really a very different app altogether, but I digress.) The same issues would crop up on any non-x86 platform, including the Android version of XBMC.
So is it possible to use this addon on Android?
(2014-01-13, 19:32)locoguano Wrote: So is it possible to use this addon on Android?

Try it and see.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-13, 21:21)nickr Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 19:32)locoguano Wrote: So is it possible to use this addon on Android?

Try it and see.

I get nothing with default and I have no idea what the "custom path" would be...
Hi there,
somebody asked this question before, but i did not see an answer.
I get the error message "Chrome not found". I'm running XBMC on boxee box.

Can anybody help me to get this work?

Thanks
I've searched the thread here and in the NetfliXBMC/Amazon Prime plugin threads, but haven't been able to come up with an answer or solution to this particular issue:

Is it possible to close the Chrome browser via the Web Remote? Or better yet, map the Web Remote to specific keys so that we can control the page in the browser via the web remote?

The Web Remote is our only control mechanism for the two instances of XBMC in our home, and while the Chrome plugin definitely works well, it's impractical at best to open up a VNC connection to control it. Any thoughts on how this might be accomplished? I suspect it might need to happen at least partly at the plugin level.
(2014-01-08, 06:38)rob hodge Wrote: allright; i looked at this again and i think this is what we want:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser $*
kill 1%

In XBMCbuntu, this works generally speaking, which is to say that the included Vimeo and Youtube sites launch as expected. Unfortunately, when using NetfliXBMC, no actual video content can be loaded - instead the "This webpage is not available" error is shown. Clicking "more" gives us a hint at the problem :
Code:
The server at %28windows can't be found

If we look at the process table, we see the following :
Code:
xbmc     29924  2.7  2.7 461568 55772 ?        Sl   12:44   0:00 chromium-browser --user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run --kiosk (Windows NT 5.1; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0 https://movies.netflix.com/SwitchProfile?<redacted>&nextpage=http%3A%2F%2Fmovies.netflix.com%2FWiPlayer%3Fmovieid%3D70143382

Note that none of the argument variables are quoted - I suspect that shell interpretation is the culprit here. If the variables were passed within quotes, this errant behaviour might not occur.

I'm not sure if this is a bug to be reported as part of Chrome Launcher or NetfliXBMC though...
(2014-01-19, 15:06)phrawzty Wrote: Note that none of the argument variables are quoted - I suspect that shell interpretation is the culprit here. If the variables were passed within quotes, this errant behaviour might not occur.

Indeed, after editing line 401 of plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py to remove the userAgent declaration, Chromium loads as expected - a single tab with the Netflix page; unfortunately, that page is the member sign-in page, not the requested video content.

So close. Sad
phrawzty Wrote:So close. Sad

here's even closer.

i just got the chance to actually sit down and hack away at that script and implement it in my installation, and indeed found that error. i'll have more tonight possibly but this is what i meant to say:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@"
kill 1%

this will pass things along a lot more cleanly. however, i will probably have a modified and robust version in an hour or so, once i finish hacking away at it.
There's also a second error In that script.

the last line should be:
Code:
kill %1
not
Code:
kill 1%

so, here is the script that will make it all fall into place on XBMCbuntu.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@"
kill %1

this should take care of it all.

in case i transposed something, this is the more hacked at version i am running right now, cut and pasted. it works perfectly on my system.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait  %2
kill %1

functionally the same, but a bit more robust possibly.

now, can i ask for a boon? can the author put an option in the extensions properties to open just fullscreen instead of kiosk? i want to be able to get to the full interface, but to have it launch fullscreen without an address bar.

also, anyone hack in remote control support under XBMCbuntu?
(2013-12-26, 04:09)Mman Wrote: I'm trying to get this to work, but I keep getting the error "Could not connect to network server". I have no idea what this is.

Did you solve it? If so how?
(2014-01-21, 12:19)Ysjoholm Wrote:
(2013-12-26, 04:09)Mman Wrote: I'm trying to get this to work, but I keep getting the error "Could not connect to network server". I have no idea what this is.

Did you solve it? If so how?

I am getting this error popup too on xbmc 13. No proxy's, gateway and ip all good. Sad It works still, just a warning.
(2014-01-05, 03:25)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
Sorry, i have no idea what could cause it. But it sounds like a general problem...

According to this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1600144 the error message might obscure the real script error and is considered a gotham bug (the message being the bug, not the script error). The script error in my case seems to be:
21:38:53 T:1948 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback
21:38:53 T:1948 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback) failed

For me (gotham nightly 20140118) everything works fine, but I get the "Could not connect to network server" error message. The relevant log reads:

Code:
21:38:52 T:1948   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback)
21:38:52 T:1948   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/]
21:38:52 T:2652   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin Chrome Launcher('plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/','6','?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback')
21:38:52 T:2652   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the Chrome Launcher (id=20) plugin...
21:38:52 T:652  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:38:52 T:652    INFO: initializing python engine.
21:38:52 T:652   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(20, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): start processing
21:38:53 T:652  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:38:53 T:652   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(20, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): the source file to load is C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py
21:38:53 T:652   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(20, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher;C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.chardet\lib;C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\xbmc.debug\;C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.elementtree\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages
21:38:53 T:652   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(20, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher
21:38:53 T:652   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(20, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.program.chrome.launcher" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
21:38:53 T:1948   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
21:38:53 T:652    INFO: CPythonInvoker(20, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): script successfully run
21:38:53 T:652    INFO: Python script stopped
21:38:53 T:652   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 652 terminating
21:38:53 T:2652   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
21:38:53 T:1948   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback
21:38:53 T:1948   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback) failed
21:38:53 T:1948   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/)
21:38:53 T:1948   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://sources/executable/]
21:38:53 T:2652   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin Chrome Launcher('plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/','7','')
21:38:53 T:2652   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the Chrome Launcher (id=21) plugin...
21:38:53 T:1328  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:38:53 T:1328    INFO: initializing python engine.
21:38:53 T:1328   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): start processing
21:38:53 T:1328  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:38:53 T:1328   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): the source file to load is C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py
21:38:53 T:1328   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher;C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.chardet\lib;C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\xbmc.debug\;C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.elementtree\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages
21:38:53 T:1328   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher
21:38:53 T:1328   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.program.chrome.launcher" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
21:38:53 T:1328   DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\resources\language\English, fallback to strings.xml
21:38:53 T:1328    INFO: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py): script successfully run
21:38:53 T:2652   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully
21:38:53 T:1948   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------
21:38:53 T:2740  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
21:38:53 T:1948   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
21:38:53 T:2740   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 2740 terminating
21:38:53 T:1328    INFO: Python script stopped

netflixbmc addon is really awesome. Great work!
alright, here's my solution for XBMCbuntu and chrome launcher, with remote control.

this implementation wraps chromium in a snuggly blanket of openbox and irexec so that focus and fullscreen AND remote control all function.

so far this is working perfectly except that occasionally chrome opens a second tab when you hit one of the remote buttons, usually when unpausing. anyone who cares to help with this, please give me some input. also, kiosk version has a thin grey bar on the top of the screen, witch is due to the video player not starting in fullscreen mode.

for this to be working, you need:
  • XBMCbuntu
  • chrome launcher addon
  • chromium
  • xdotool
  • ircexec (part of lirc)

i'd imagine this could work with chrome as well, but all the references in the scripts and config files would need to be changed.

first; the launcher script. this stands in the place of the executable for chromium. you need to tell chrome launcher that this is the executable for chromium in the 'custom path' parameter.

chrome-launcher
Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
irexec &
chromium-browser "$@"
kill %2
kill %1
this runs openbox, then irexec, then chromium browser, passing all the command line parameters to it.

openbox is the window manager, this handles passing focus and allows xbmcbuntu to run two programs at once.
irexec allows you to execute commands triggered by an IR remote.

once chromium exits, it kills irc exec and open box, returning you to XBMC.

now, the other file.
you need an .lircrc file in your home directory.
here is mine.

.ircrc
Code:
begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_STOP
config = killall chromium-browser
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_PAUSE
config = xdotool key space
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_PLAY
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_OK
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_FORWARD
config = xdotool key Right
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_REWIND
config = xdotool key Left
end

so far, this is working except of the extra tab opening sometimes. as i said, anyone want to look into that, let me know what you find. i'll muck about at it but i think it's something i'm missing and a second set of eyes would find it.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8