• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
(2014-03-17, 06:08)Ja4220 Wrote: Hi Guys,
I have got this addon working to a degree (on XBMCbuntu 12.3 Acer Revo 3600, using the 1.07 fork, with the script
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1

I am trying to use it to stream live NRL games through www.new.livestream.com/nrl which I added as a website and it opens Chromium up on that page (full address bar etc, mouse works ok)
Unfortunately video playback is just super choppy. I know I have enough bandwidth as I can stream them fine on my Windows Laptop. I tested a HD youtube video which played fine so I can only assume flash is working.
I found this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid994231
I am wondering if maybe something like this could be implemented? And if it would actually help?
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I am all ears.
I know that this isn't really an issue with the script, more Chromium and how it is handling the videos but thought I would ask here and hope for the best!
Thanks in advance.
Justin

Flash on Linux is garbage, more so than other platforms. In my experience hardware acceleration doesn't work too well and it doesn't play all steams (my kitchen rules). Try using a compositing manager which might help(I use compton) although I suspect vdpau isn't being used and the CPU isn't enough to decode the video - have a look in the program 'top' while playing a video to check CPU usage.

There is also pipelight which uses the windows version of flash via wine which allows me to play more streams in Linux, but not sure how much that would help.
(2014-03-18, 20:02)thebeater Wrote: Hi Guys,

I have installed the plugin, but the chrome launcher doesn't work.

With the script
Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1
it will start nothing, only the error in german "Keine Verbindung zum Netzlaufwerk" appears.(Freely translated "No network connection")

The xbmc.log only appears:
Code:
18:57:46 T:2904542016  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
18:57:46 T:2921327424  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
18:57:46 T:2921327424  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:57:47 T:3006953280   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=no&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.de
18:57:47 T:3006953280   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=no&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.de) failed
18:57:47 T:2921327424  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
18:57:47 T:2921327424  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:57:47 T:2912934720  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Google Chrome is installed to:
/usr/bin/google-chrome
Chromium is installed to:
/usr/bin/chromium-browser

Without activating the custom chrome path,
google Chrome is starting in half screen and is not controllable. (mouse, testator and Remote are in the background -> i see it in the right half of the screen)
(I think it is because of the missing Openbox, or am I wrong here)

Could anyone help me please with this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

almost the same problem here... I'm getting half screen sized chrome/chromium and no mouse/keyboard controll Confused
(2014-03-29, 20:46)flaviobrandao Wrote:

With the script
Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1
it will start nothing, only the error in german "Keine Verbindung zum Netzlaufwerk" appears.(Freely translated "No network connection")

Code:
18:57:47 T:3006953280   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=no&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.de
18:57:47 T:3006953280   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=no&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.de) failed
18:57:47 T:2912934720  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

/usr/bin/google-chrome

google Chrome is starting in half screen and is not controllable. (mouse, testator and Remote are in the background -> i see it in the right half of the screen)

Thanks in advance,
Chris

almost the same problem here... I'm getting half screen sized chrome/chromium and no mouse/keyboard controll Confused

Exactly the same problem.

Thanks!
How can i make this work? I am getting the half-window, and not able to close chrome, or navigate... :/

*Edit
I got it working, had to install unity on xbmcbuntu.

With the script
Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1

Code:

/usr/bin/google-chrome

Thanks in advance,
Chris

I was not getting the half Chrome problem you're describing, but the same errors in xbmc.log and the same script (running XBMCbuntu). Problem was solved for me by running 'dos2unix' on the script. I had copied and modified the one that was provided with the plugin, but apparently the line endings were bad.
So I tested the script that I have on my Steam OS machine, on the desktop and it properly ran and I could tell metacity was ran. However, from big picture to xbmc and running it via the chrome launcher it doesn't do anything. It has a little waiting thing come up in the corner and nothing happens.
(2014-03-28, 04:17)teeedubb Wrote: Flash on Linux is garbage, more so than other platforms. In my experience hardware acceleration doesn't work too well and it doesn't play all steams (my kitchen rules). Try using a compositing manager which might help(I use compton) although I suspect vdpau isn't being used and the CPU isn't enough to decode the video - have a look in the program 'top' while playing a video to check CPU usage.

There is also pipelight which uses the windows version of flash via wine which allows me to play more streams in Linux, but not sure how much that would help.

Thanks teeedubb.
I came to this conclusion after reading a bit more online.
I am away at the moment but found a few options to try improve it (such as pipe light)
I will look in to compton more as I am not familiar with it and hopefully it may help.
(2014-04-03, 04:34)Nerdy3.14159265 Wrote: So I tested the script that I have on my Steam OS machine, on the desktop and it properly ran and I could tell metacity was ran. However, from big picture to xbmc and running it via the chrome launcher it doesn't do anything. It has a little waiting thing come up in the corner and nothing happens.
just open a openbox desktop and it will work like a charm with out any scripts
Is there a way to add custom "icons" to the websites that I add, like the ones for the included You Tube and Vimieo? When I add websites they all just show a folder.

Thank you in advance
(2014-04-06, 14:57)isitmeor Wrote:
(2014-04-03, 04:34)Nerdy3.14159265 Wrote: So I tested the script that I have on my Steam OS machine, on the desktop and it properly ran and I could tell metacity was ran. However, from big picture to xbmc and running it via the chrome launcher it doesn't do anything. It has a little waiting thing come up in the corner and nothing happens.
just open a openbox desktop and it will work like a charm with out any scripts

Wouldn't I have to install that as well? I didn't think it would come pre-installed. I was trying to avoid installing a random package, just for the this app, if it's avoidable. Also I'm on Steam OS, I can't just launch Openbox especially not when I'm in XBMC.
Hi again, I know this is not really the right place for it but I guess some of you may have already encountered this problem.
I am trying to install Pipelight but keep getting errors at the apt-upgrade stage

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/pipelight/stabl...ce/Sources 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/pipelight/stabl...6/Packages 404 Not Found

So I had a look at the ppa and there is no oneiric folder.
I am running xbmcbuntu which I assume is based of Oneiric.
Does anyone have a work around or a suggestion to overcome this?
Has anyone got chrome launcher working on openelec 4 beta? Openelec now has a chromium-browser addon, which I can get to run. But I can't get it to run via chrome-launcher.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm starting to feel like this thread is dead. There is the rare post by someone seeking help but almost no help to be found.
Is there any way to add chrome start up switches when it launches chrome?
(2014-04-19, 15:32)rmrende Wrote: Is there any way to add chrome start up switches when it launches chrome?

You can stick anything you like in the startup script.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8