• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
(2014-04-19, 21:14)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 15:32)rmrende Wrote: Is there any way to add chrome start up switches when it launches chrome?

You can stick anything you like in the startup script.

Thanks but I was hoping for a bit more guidance as I am a bit new. What file to I go into and where do I add the switches?
Anyone know this?
The file should be in the addon directory inside the folder for chrome launcher. It's a startup script that you might have to toy with a little bit but you basically should just add the flags where it launches chrome and make any other modifications you need.
I'm having trouble getting Chrome Launcher to work and could use some suggestions.

I'm running xbmcbuntu 13 (beta 4). When I don't use the custom script, web sites launch but fill up only half of the screen and don't 'capture' the mouse. When I do use the custom script… nothing happens. I have made sure the script is executable, and I've tried running it with both chromium-browser and google-chrome.

Has anybody had any success getting this to run on xbmcbuntu?
XBMCbuntu does not use a window manager, so there will be issues with focus when you open chrome. That's why there is a script that starts openbox THEN chrome.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
When I use the script (i.e., the one that starts open box), nothing happens—neither openbox nor chrome/chromium launch.
Is the script executable?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I made the script executable (first I tried it using chmod +x, and then chmod 777).
debug log (wiki)
The log file is at:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7386642/

There seems to be a Python exception on line 175, and again on line 297 after chrome launcher is run
Is it possible to make either NetfliXBMC or Chrome Launcher reload XBMC as maximized when I exit the Kiosk view? Right now, I can't use Netflix because it requires a mouse after closing the Kiosk mode chrome launcher.
(2014-05-03, 01:49)lilaundgelb Wrote: The log file is at:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7386642/

There seems to be a Python exception on line 175, and again on line 297 after chrome launcher is run

Hey, do you have any updates on this?
I am in the same case: I followed the install, made my script executable, etc. but when I try to lunch any website nothing happens.
I still haven't managed to figure out how to get the script working with my window manager. I'm using Steam OS, should I just install OpenBox instead of trying to use what window manager is installed?
would it be possible to show how launch a web browser and go directly to http://www.mylifetime.com/ ? i looked into an addon that someone was trying to create but they couldn't get rtmpdump to properly parse a stream link. I guess the trouble will be once the browser is open and on their website, how will my apple tv remote navigate the website and be able to click a video to play.

The base system is crystalbuntu 2.0 which runs Ubuntu 12.04 and auto-launches XBMC Gotham. Any insight would be much appreciated
Ubu's Youtube Channel has great content! http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted
Blog? Yes here: ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com
Alright, i got a little bit of progress here today: if I use the following script, I am able to lunch a chromium windows with mouse and keyboard access.

Code:
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1

basically i remove the first line
Code:
#!/bin/bash

I am not sure yet, how "clean" this is. One last issue is that it is launching my browser in a window and not full screen.

This is something for tomorrow.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8