[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Gruso Offline
Just bumping to say a huge thanks for this. At least half of my HTPC use is streaming these days, and XBMC addons haven't been cutting it. I was already launching some stuff in Chrome kiosk mode via Advanced Launcher, but it never felt like the right tool for the job. This addon is a serious game changer.

Feature request: Different shortcuts for different sections. So when I open Chrome Launcher in videos I get one set of shortcuts, in Music another set, etc etc.

Do you take donations? I would like to buy you a beer Smile

(2014-01-30 04:59)dkplayaclub Wrote:  Can I request the option to set thumb art for sources?
If I ad, say, eBay, I would love to be able to add an image, like already exists for Vimeo or YouTube.

You can do it manually. Assuming Windows, go to:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\sites

You will see a .link file for each of your custom shortcuts. Open them in a text editor and you will see something like this:

Code:
title=Reddit.tv
url=http://reddit.tv
thumb=D:\xbmcthumbs\reddit.tv.png
stopPlayback=no
kiosk=yes

By default, thumb will be set to "default folder". But as you can see above, you can set a path to a custom thumbnail.

My video links:

[Image: plcoDsgl.jpg]
find quote
abmoraz Offline
(2014-03-18 20:02)thebeater Wrote:  Hi Guys,

I have installed the plugin, but the chrome launcher doesn't work.

With the script
Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1
it will start nothing, only the error in german "Keine Verbindung zum Netzlaufwerk" appears.(Freely translated "No network connection")

The xbmc.log only appears:
Code:
18:57:46 T:2904542016  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
18:57:46 T:2921327424  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
18:57:46 T:2921327424  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:57:47 T:3006953280   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=no&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.de
18:57:47 T:3006953280   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=no&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.de) failed
18:57:47 T:2921327424  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
18:57:47 T:2921327424  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:57:47 T:2912934720  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Google Chrome is installed to:
/usr/bin/google-chrome
Chromium is installed to:
/usr/bin/chromium-browser

Without activating the custom chrome path,
google Chrome is starting in half screen and is not controllable. (mouse, testator and Remote are in the background -> i see it in the right half of the screen)
(I think it is because of the missing Openbox, or am I wrong here)

Could anyone help me please with this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

In your command line, run the following:
Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/chromium-browser /usr/bin/google-chrome

This will make a symbolic link (shortcut) that will let you start chromium-browser with the command "google-chrome". Just be warned, if you ever decide to install the official google release of chromium, it will either overwrite the symlink or throw a conflict error (in which you will have to delete the symlink then try and install it again).
find quote