• 6(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Information 
Excellent! I only had this work once for me and it was just what I hoped for but then it stopped launching with a generic error . Never bothered to look at the logs. (^.^)'
I can't wait to see a working beta. Good luck!

Edit: I did end up checking the log afterall.

Code:
06:51:54 T:101196  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
06:51:54 T:101196  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
06:51:54 T:101196   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 10
06:51:54 T:101196   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Non-Existent Control 10
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\...\XBMC\addons\script.lazytv-master\default.py", line 48, in <module>
                                                cancel_button = prog_window.getControl(10)
                                            RuntimeError: Non-Existent Control 10
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

not sure what control 10 is but it's under the progress dialogue portion of default.py but I might tinker around with it after the new year.
Thanks, that section of code doesnt exist anymore. I cant even remember what it did!

The testing version is functional: https://github.com/KODeKarnage/script.lazytv/tree/beta

Would be good to get some testing done, especially if you have .strms in your library.

It is a hell of a lot quicker than the last one. Most of the "heavy-lifting" is done by a service in the background, so the front-end launches straight-away.
Well good job on the test version. I installed it and it failed on launch. It had thrown a series of 5 errors in the log but I failed to note them. I left XBMC running for a few days and came back to have a greater look at the log. I failed to notice that it had grown exponentially in size due to the test version of the plugin logging everything. While my computer was struggling to load the log I noticed that it was filled with entries from LazyTV so played around with XBMC and found LazyTV was indeed working!
Don't know if that service just needed time to work or what but I'll make a post after some extended use. Thanks!

Edit:
P.S. I don't have any .strm files in my library now that Sirius has changed their internet radio service.
Yeah, I load the test version with a ton of logs as I dont have a proper development environment that captures variables. If you have the errors though, that would be helpful.
I've tried the latest version in the XBMC addon repo and the beta from your Github repo - unfortunately both fail to open for me and throw script errors in default.py Sad

The XBMC repo version gives me:
Code:
10:30:40 T:7136   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 10
10:30:40 T:7136   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.lazytv\default.py", line 48, in <module>

The beta version gives me:
Code:
10:34:11 T:4124  NOTICE: script.lazytvaddon : 0.002 :: 0.002 :::      entered
10:34:11 T:4124   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('unexpected EOF while parsing', ('<unknown>', 0, 0, ''))
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.lazytv\default.py", line 441, in <module>
                                                create_next_episode_list(selected_pl)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.lazytv\default.py", line 398, in create_next_episode_list
                                                process_stored(selected_pl)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.lazytv\default.py", line 293, in process_stored
                                                nepl     = ast.literal_eval(nepl_raw)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\system\python\Lib\ast.py", line 49, in literal_eval
                                                node_or_string = parse(node_or_string, mode='eval')
                                              File "C:\XBMC\system\python\Lib\ast.py", line 37, in parse
                                                return compile(expr, filename, mode, PyCF_ONLY_AST)
                                            SyntaxError: ('unexpected EOF while parsing', ('<unknown>', 0, 0, ''))

Really looking forward to using this once it's working!
Hi there, as to the first one, that might have something to do with the skin you are using.

The second is a problem in the Python module; do you happen to know which version of python you are running? Also, which version of XBMC might be helpful too.

thanks.
Thanks for the reply. I am running XBMC 12.3 on Windows 7 x64, using Ace skin. I just switched temporarily to the default Confluence skin and LazyTV does work (the XBMC repo version that is). Would this be a bug with LazyTV or the Ace skin then? If you have any ideas of how to fix it I would welcome it (I've really customized the Ace skin exactly how I want it so I'd like to keep with it).

For the Python module, I'm not completely sure ... xbmc.python/addon.xml shows version 2.1.0 but as for the actual library version, it's whatever came with XBMC 12.3 I suppose!
I will see if I can get it to work in the Ace skin. I suspect the window I am using for the playlist doesnt have the cancel button in id10 under the Ace skin.

The second issue, I dont know to be honest. The error is being thrown by the python module, not my code per se. I'll have to Google for a fix.
I just tried Ace skin and it worked fine. I will have to dig a little deeper unfortunately.

What mods did you make to Ace? (Or were you just talking about your settings?)
I didn't make any mods exactly (just a bunch of tweaks/customisations you can do out of the box with Ace settings) - however I am using the skin in vertical menu mode if that happens to make a difference (I think the default might be horizontal menu).
<deleted> LazyTV now showed up -- interestingly enough I had to install it 4 or 5 times until it was visible
(2014-01-14, 23:40)Karnagious Wrote: I just tried Ace skin and it worked fine. I will have to dig a little deeper unfortunately.

What mods did you make to Ace? (Or were you just talking about your settings?)

FYI when I comment out lines 93, 95 and 96 in the code (referring to the cancel button) LazyTV works normally.

Code:
93 > #CANCEL_BUTTON = WINDOW_PROGRESS.getControl( 10 )
94 > # disable button (bool - True=enabled / False=disabled.)
95 > #CANCEL_BUTTON.setVisible(False)
96 > #CANCEL_BUTTON.setEnabled( False )

P.S. So far I haven't been able to get the beta version working on Ace or any other skin including Confluence.
Installed but get an error:
Code:
17:09:15 T:5024   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\mac\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.lazytv-master
17:09:15 T:5804  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
17:09:17 T:4884  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
17:09:17 T:4884  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:09:17 T:4884  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:09:26 T:2060  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:09:26 T:2060  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:09:26 T:2060   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 10
17:09:26 T:2060   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\mac\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.lazytv-master\default.py", line 48, in <module>
Thanks for the info guys.

If I recall correctly it is just a cosmetic thing to remove the Cancel button from the Progress window. Not sure why it isnt working, but have added a try/except workaround into Master that should stop the errors.

The progress dialog has been removed from Beta, and Testing versions already.

(2014-01-15, 00:07)john6555 Wrote: P.S. So far I haven't been able to get the beta version working on Ace or any other skin including Confluence.

Are you still getting that exact same error?

I believe it would occur if the property LazyTV.nepl was empty, and the way that would occur is if the service didnt add/process any TV shows.

Do you also get the error with the Testing version?
I'm new to github, I see some new code submitted in the 'testing' branch? how do I download the zip and test?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4